69 Likes
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs
Posted by: @salukiworld
Posted by: @rockin-dawg
Posted by: @resaluki-88

I say keep Jones, Banks, Domask, Muila, Filewich, Verplancken and Brown. I'm on the fence about Harvey. If his defense gets marketly better by the end of the year maybe keep him too. Get rid of the rest and hope the 3 freshman improve the overall quality. That gives you 2 or 3 scholarships to use to vastly improve the athleticism. Best used on upper classman. Juco's or grad transfers. Most needed 6'6'-6'8" long, super athletic wings or small forwards.

No disrespect to the players, but I think it's fair to discuss.  This year has shown that players moving up from D2 and low-major programs are probably not the answer.  And any player who can't get PT on this extremely bad team (Long, Butler, Dembele) probably needs to find greener pastures.  Depending on how bad Muila's injury is, we may need to replace him, too.  Tough call on D'Avanzo.  His PT and effectiveness have really dwindled.  He may want to leave on his own, being a Grad Student.  I agree we need better athletes and if the opportunity arises to sign 1...or 2....or 3, we should probably do it. 

I think Verplancken has made the jump pretty well.  In terms of Muila, I'm pretty sure he's had past injury problems including a similar injury to the one he had this year.  I don't think there's a guarantee he's gonna come in and be the same force they thought he'd be when they signed him.  Torn meniscus is a hard injury to come back from.  But granted, I'm not watching him rehab or practice.

Verplancken has made some strides but still has a ways to go at both ends of the floor. Happy to give him an off-season and see what he looks like in his second year of DI ball, but if we’re talking about wanting to elevate the program from near the bottom this year to top 2-3 and needing to get more athletic. the jury is certainly out on most of the current roster, including Verplancken.

What's worrisome and telling to me is that Verplancken has been consistently better on both ends of the floor than Harvey. I'm not sure what's going on with him. He's certainly in a serious rut. I hope he sorts it out and climbs out of it because he's shown in flashes that he could be a nice piece for this team.

It's also glaringly evident just how important Domask is. Without him in, it changes our entire look on offense. Even still, before he went down, it was very obvious an athlete infusion was needed for this group.

--Insert something witty here--

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25
Posted by: @siudawgs
Posted by: @salukiworld
Posted by: @rockin-dawg
Posted by: @resaluki-88

I say keep Jones, Banks, Domask, Muila, Filewich, Verplancken and Brown. I'm on the fence about Harvey. If his defense gets marketly better by the end of the year maybe keep him too. Get rid of the rest and hope the 3 freshman improve the overall quality. That gives you 2 or 3 scholarships to use to vastly improve the athleticism. Best used on upper classman. Juco's or grad transfers. Most needed 6'6'-6'8" long, super athletic wings or small forwards.

No disrespect to the players, but I think it's fair to discuss.  This year has shown that players moving up from D2 and low-major programs are probably not the answer.  And any player who can't get PT on this extremely bad team (Long, Butler, Dembele) probably needs to find greener pastures.  Depending on how bad Muila's injury is, we may need to replace him, too.  Tough call on D'Avanzo.  His PT and effectiveness have really dwindled.  He may want to leave on his own, being a Grad Student.  I agree we need better athletes and if the opportunity arises to sign 1...or 2....or 3, we should probably do it. 

I think Verplancken has made the jump pretty well.  In terms of Muila, I'm pretty sure he's had past injury problems including a similar injury to the one he had this year.  I don't think there's a guarantee he's gonna come in and be the same force they thought he'd be when they signed him.  Torn meniscus is a hard injury to come back from.  But granted, I'm not watching him rehab or practice.

Verplancken has made some strides but still has a ways to go at both ends of the floor. Happy to give him an off-season and see what he looks like in his second year of DI ball, but if we’re talking about wanting to elevate the program from near the bottom this year to top 2-3 and needing to get more athletic. the jury is certainly out on most of the current roster, including Verplancken.

What's worrisome and telling to me is that Verplancken has been consistently better on both ends of the floor than Harvey. I'm not sure what's going on with him. He's certainly in a serious rut. I hope he sorts it out and climbs out of it because he's shown in flashes that he could be a nice piece for this team.

It's also glaringly evident just how important Domask is. Without him in, it changes our entire look on offense. Even still, before he went down, it was very obvious an athlete infusion was needed for this group.

Yes, we have some lineups out there that lack athleticism, especially without MD.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9

Share: