SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.9 K Views
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Here's something else to consider.............. she seemed to be more than fine that her husband worked with and for the same people "of extremely poor character, morals, and values" the last 5 years (without saying a word and collecting big paychecks).  It wasn't until he was fired that she Has a problem with ethics, morals and values?   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

I'm sorry, but that post by her simply lacks class.  

This post was modified 1 month ago by INSaluki

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Bryan’s wife commented in a Facebook group that has me concerned. Jerrance Howard’s retention was posted and someone commented how it was an Austin Lane decision and that his eyes and ears are in the locker room and how Howard didn’t help Bryan.

His wife said “people are clueless as to what really went down here. It’s a shame“ then proceeded to say, “the sad thing was two individuals who could care less about the university, community, and program are running the show. We have found comfort in knowing we are moving on from people of extremely poor character, morals, and values.”

I have said in this forum before that current and former athletics employees talk about how much of a mess that department is and how high the turnover is. And they have said from the beginning that they didn’t like the chancellor in athletics. I have also not heard great things about Leonard from the employees. Those things and her comments are alarming. I hope they get that department figured out. 

im not I think she just sounds like an angry wife of someone who should have had a cushy job. Husband is a hall of famer at the school he was hired at making 500k a year. He never really fully learned on the job. Yeah the school has major issues but he was fired 100 percent because his lack of coaching skills. Jerrance Howard has always been known as a great recruiting. It’s weird how he gets to siu and can’t recruit.  Almost like he’s held back by a coach who wants to coach in a way that no one wants to play in. Now we’re just getting the angry rants of a person who’s life is changed 

Tell us how you really feel about Mullins….the worst coach to ever coach at SIU.  He couldn’t recruit players and can’t coach but finished in the top half of the valley every year but 1?  Not the results we all want but to keep saying basically he’s the worst ever is a drastic over reach.  Also we are putting a lot in the hands of Howard…..let’s see if he can get recruits to SIU not some high major….time will tell. 

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah He’s no where near the worst. Great dude I’m just glad to have a new coach and hopefully some new players

Salukifan32 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

When Howard stayed behind it was the verification of everything I have been told about our wonderful chancellor. When Lane was at Texas Southern Ho chose to look the other way when the law school was accepting cash payments to enroll students who were unqualified for entry, while ignoring other applications. How “classy” is that? Not to mention living high on the hog at the school’s expense and attempting to conceal it. Feel free to google it if you dare. Good old SIU hired him though. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dawgbytes

When Howard stayed behind it was the verification of everything I have been told about our wonderful chancellor. When Lane was at Texas Southern Ho chose to look the other way when the law school was accepting cash payments to enroll students who were unqualified for entry, while ignoring other applications. How “classy” is that? Not to mention living high on the hog at the school’s expense and attempting to conceal it. Feel free to google it if you dare. Good old SIU hired him though. 

Quit spewing crap that is not true just because your relative got fired as HC. Fact is, you have no idea what happened.  It appears Lane fired that admissions person, but the board fired him for supposedly not communicating these issues. Fact is a lot of alums were pissed at the board and wanted Lane reinstated.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/texas-southern-president-dr-austin-lane-fired-by-board-of-regents/285-7f757f07-87d3-4152-9df0-cb3eba00d9f2

"Tuesday night, the board accused Lane of being connected to an admissions scandal involving thousands of dollars and an employee who was fired.

But behind the scenes, sources tell KHOU 11 some board members have a personal vendetta against him and wanted him out. Lane has 30 days to fight the allegations against him which he promises to do. It is unclear if a third party will oversee the final decision.

We have reached out to attorneys for the TSU president but have not heard back from them.

Alumni tell us they will continue to fight Lane's firing. They have started a petition to reinstate the president and will be reaching out to other agencies to see what can be done to reinstate him."

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I don't get what all that has to do with Howard being retained

Quatros Saluki, INSaluki, salukimodemrowe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

I’m tired of all the Mullins bootlicking.  I’ll forever love and support him, but a good coach wins with Domask, X, and Jones. Period 

Enough with the negativity in this thread, I look forward to see what Coach Nagy does with the program! 

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, Quatros Saluki and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Some of you need to chill with the attacks.

Mullins underperforming and issues within the administration do not have to be mutually exclusive. Both can be true and both are true.

Just because someone points that out doesn't mean they are from some sort of Mullins cult. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Yawn. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Here's something else to consider.............. she seemed to be more than fine that her husband worked with and for the same people "of extremely poor character, morals, and values" the last 5 years (without saying a word and collecting big paychecks).  It wasn't until he was fired that she Has a problem with ethics, morals and values?   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

You obviously can’t complain about your husbands employer publicly while they’re employed. I’m sure she had a problem with it but could never say anything until now. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

You obviously can’t complain about your husbands employer publicly while they’re employed. I’m sure she had a problem with it but could never say anything until now. 

Picture this, someone you know is giving you money that you know is coming from questionable, unethical or even immoral means.  You happily take that money year after year.  After the 5th year they cut you off.  Wouldn't it be hypocritical to then, and only then, publicly call out that person who was giving you cash?  I'm sorry, but even if her claims hold water (and it wouldn't surprise me to a small extent), I feel like it makes her look like nothing more than a scorned ex and a hypocrite.  Just my opinion.   

That being said, I'm going to follow another poster's advice and jump back on the topic of this thread and, even more so, start looking forward to the future rather than back.    

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Picture this, someone you know is giving you money that you know is coming from questionable, unethical or even immoral means.  You happily take that money year after year.  After the 5th year they cut you off.  Wouldn't it be hypocritical to then, and only then, publicly call out that person who was giving you cash?  I'm sorry, but even if her claims hold water (and it wouldn't surprise me to a small extent), I feel like it makes her look like nothing more than a scorned ex and a hypocrite.  Just my opinion.   

That being said, I'm going to follow another poster's advice and jump back on the topic of this thread and, even more so, start looking forward to the future rather than back.    

picture this you and everyone else on this board moving on and STFU about Bryan and his wife.  LET IT GO!  Bryan is still a SALUKI HALL OF FAMER!  If you ask him I bet he still loves SIU and southern Illinois.  He is one of us.  

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Speaking of coaches Nagy is already contacting kids. Good sign! 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Speaking of coaches Nagy is already contacting kids. Good sign! 

I mean … yeah. He has an entire roster to build and the portal is in full swing.

If he wasn’t, it would be a very, very bad sign.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siudawgs it’s interesting that only one player has gone to DePaul and he was the coaches second biggest supporter in the locker room. I’m really hoping Nagy can work some magic with our current players

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Page 29 / 44

Share: