Clear all

SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.9 K Views
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I will bet a sizeable amount of $$$ that Bryan was upset with his wife’s parting comments. Pretty classless.

Also, I am not aware of many organizations where some employees are convinced they could run the organization better than present management. And the present management are dunderheads that know nothing about what they are doing. Those employees are always vocal and always have the option to move to greener pastures.

Constructive internal criticism/advice is often accepted or considered. Key word is INTERNAL.

INSaluki and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I think everyone needs to back off when it comes to Kady Mullins. It is always hardest on the spouse. They love their husband, they know how hard they work and try to be successful and you have a bunch of folks who think they know basketball who basically don’t really know Wth goes on saying really mean brutal things on here. . Yes, there a few coaches on here but most of us are fans and that’s it. One of our former football coach’s was talking to Coach Herrin years ago at Midnight madness. Rich said to Ray “ you know what Ray, you’re lucky. No one in southern Illinois thinks they can coach football but everyone thinks they can coach basketball’. Nuff said!

This post was modified 1 month ago by dogdays

INSaluki and Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

I think everyone needs to back off when it comes to Kady Mullins. It is always hardest on the spouse. They love their husband, they know how hard they work and try to be successful and you have a bunch of folks who think they know basketball who basically don’t really know Wth goes on saying really mean brutal things on here. . Yes, there a few coaches on here but most of us are fans and that’s it. One of our former football coach’s was talking to Coach Herrin years ago at Midnight madness. Rich said to Ray “ you know what Ray, you’re lucky. No one in southern Illinois thinks they can coach football but everyone thinks they can coach basketball’. Nuff said!

the issue is she should have just moved on. It becomes classy because when she calls out the school it makes it all about that. I know she’s hurt and it’s hard to accept but her husband has a direct roll in his own firing. It would have been better to just not say anything and go enjoy DePaul 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @dogdays

the issue is she should have just moved on. It becomes classy because when she calls out the school it makes it all about that. I know she’s hurt and it’s hard to accept but her husband has a direct roll in his own firing. It would have been better to just not say anything and go enjoy DePaul 

Take your own advice and say nothing.  Stop trying to justify that you have been a jack ass about Bryan and his wife.

dogdays reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@sandman95 hey I’m ready to just go on with Nagy but if my wife commented on my former jobs Facebook I’d be pissed. Just not a good look

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog 

Just stop!

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@sandman95 guess you better go stop everyone complaining about Howard and the rest of the siu staff also. Everyone’s got feelings. They’re also salukis. But yes I’d rather talk about our newest Saluki, dudes a winner can’t wait to see him coach barefoot

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Dunkledog

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

The administration/funding issues in the athletics department should come at a surprise to no one.  Did anyone think this was a top notch quality athletics department? Is any D1 athletics department full of high moral characters?  
Anyway, I’m surprised and glad they were able to come up with $600,000 for coach Nagy.  One thing SIU seems to be good at is fundraising, so I’m hoping to hear good NIL news soon. 

Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@packerdawg I’m excited that the very first player he talked to is a long athletic win. When’s the last time siu recruited that kind of player

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog 

AJ, Coupet, and Davis last three years.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@sandman95 ones that were good enough to win with. If you looked at our team against Bradley and didn’t see the difference in athleticism’s at every position then idk what you were watching. We  had domico and brown starting for four years going up against dudes who were stronger, faster and longer. It’s been a consistent problem

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog 

Apples and Oranges!  AJ, Coupet and Davis can play the game at a high level and are long athlete 3’s.  Trent was never a wing he was a 2 guard.  And I am on the record as wanting to start Davis and AJ and play Trent about 20 minutes a game.  

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@sandman95 well we can agree to disagree. We were just never talented enough player wise to finish as a top team. I think Nagy knows offensive players and it’s easier to recruit into that system so we should get better on that aspect

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@sandman95 well we can agree to disagree. We were just never talented enough player wise to finish as a top team. I think Nagy knows offensive players and it’s easier to recruit into that system so we should get better on that aspect

the key word in the present state of basketball at the D 1 level. Is NIL

Without significant funds we will not get the level of basketball players we are hoping for. 
That’s the bottom line.  You can recruit to you are blue in the face BUT unless the NIL funds are there.  We will be getting the Trent Browns, Stulics of the world. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siudawgs

Speaking of coaches Nagy is already contacting kids. Good sign! 

I mean … yeah. He has an entire roster to build and the portal is in full swing.

If he wasn’t, it would be a very, very bad sign.

Hopefully Nagy didn't learn from the Fernando Trevino school of administration! LOL

ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 44

Share: