74 Users
911 Likes
11.8 K Views
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

@siudawgs The man is busy as hell probably no time 😆

I get it, but PR duties come with the paycheck (and even moreso in the NIL era when fan/booster engagement is even more crucial). He could find 20 minutes and I hope they do in the near future.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by siudawgs

ReplyQuote
(@mikereis)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@insaluki Those trips are private $ trips. Any money they can raise right now MUST go to NIL. MUST. And you're right. 2018. They went to Cuba. Turned out to be Hinson's last year. 17-15, 10-8.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @mikereis

@insaluki Those trips are private $ trips. Any money they can raise right now MUST go to NIL. MUST. And you're right. 2018. They went to Cuba. Turned out to be Hinson's last year. 17-15, 10-8.

I couldn't agree more in that any and all funds need to be directed to NIL.  I didn't realize that those trips were privately funded.  

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@mikereis have you heard any numbers or any info about NIL? Was curious what kind of NIL deal they got with Banterra, specifically the amount.

ReplyQuote
(@mikereis)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@slydawg I think my role on this site should still be to correct any factual mistakes. Man, there is such a need for a Saluki beat reporter isn't there? We have plenty of highlights and game stories. But I'm not interested in doing that again. I do think it is factual that any veteran player they sign or keep right now will be because they could offer NIL $, though. And maybe even over pay. And, as I've written elsewhere, NIL is the most important thing relative to Saluki Basketball now.

This post was modified 1 week ago by mikereis

CSpringsSaluki, Salukifan32, Sandman95 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@mikereis 

While I agree, and have agreed to no end, that NIL is THE number one thing on the minds of players now, unless I am provided with proof, I cannot believe that players leaving for Green Bay (?), Iona and Murray are due to them being paid significantly more than they would have at SIU.  It's one thing to lose a player to the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, etc.  But the aforementioned schools would have similar NIL "issues" as we have, no ?  

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

isn’t it also possible the coach chose not to bring a player back? Or maybe the amount of $ we were willing to give wasn’t much as we didn’t value them at a certain level? I have no idea, but there are lots of moving parts.

Salukifan32, SlyDawg, Foxman24 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

isn’t it also possible the coach chose not to bring a player back? Or maybe the amount of $ we were willing to give wasn’t much as we didn’t value them at a certain level? I have no idea, but there are lots of moving parts.

EXACTLY !!!!!

PackerDawg and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/siu_basketball/status/1784991362619990355?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Aligbe is official

saluki82, Salukifan32, SlyDawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mikereis)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

1. @insaluki I have no idea about Green Bay or Iona. I know Murray has been very public when it acquires NIL $. I was answering the question of does SIU actually have NIL $? They've chosen not to say. My answer was a sign they DO actually have $ will come when they sign vet players. What they do with $, as you guys say above, is up to them. So either they didn't offer those guys anything, didn't offer as much as the other schools, or maybe just recently acquired the NIL $ and couldn't offer them anything 2 weeks ago. But salaries are key whether any vet stays or joins.
This post was modified 1 week ago by mikereis

SlyDawg, rafflaw, Foxman24 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@salukiworld 

Can you also, please, add this to the Recruiting thread?  Much appreciated !!!

ReplyQuote
Page 44 / 44

Share: