779 Posts
63 Users
560 Likes
41.1 K Views
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster
Topic starter  

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/ole-miss-lane-kiffin-transfer-portal-college-football/8x224a7zvqi71qu6hgdl87gct

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Nick is second in the FCS with 20 transfers this year:  https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-04-08/these-fcs-teams-have-been-most-active-transfer-portal-offseason

This number is both players coming and going.  I have not been able to find a list of all 20 who are in the portal.  Anybody help me out?

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ValleyFB reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @beadmedaddio

Nick is second in the FCS with 20 transfers this year:  https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-04-08/these-fcs-teams-have-been-most-active-transfer-portal-offseason

This number is both players coming and going.  I have not been able to find a list of all 20 who are in the portal.  Anybody help me out?

I counted 12 transfers coming in, but I don't think we lost 8. I think the number is off.

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Seems like several jumped in the portal the last couple of days 

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Could be an interesting off-season for the Dawgs. I think we see biggest number yet for SIU portal transfers testing the market. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @valleyfb

Could be an interesting off-season for the Dawgs. I think we see biggest number yet for SIU portal transfers testing the market. 

On this, we most certainly agree. I don’t think it will be a massive number, but for sure significant. I also expected some players we think are key cogs will be a park of that.

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

grad student DB from Lamar with siu offer. Austin Goffney 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

We've had quite a few new offers. A couple D-lineman as well. I'm still bracing for when we start to have our transfers b/c you know they are coming.

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Hopefully not many get in the portal. I think I read just over 50% of all portal kids from 2021 received an offer. Hill, unlike many coaches, let’s players return from portal if they don’t get the opportunity they were looking for. 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

December 5th is the date where the portal opens back up for Football. We'll know more then.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Seeing a few RB offers lately…starting to make me wonder if that’s where we are going to lose some people. Heard rumblings last year Javon was mulling the portal, maybe he pulls the trigger. Theoretically everyone in the backfield is returning next year in terms of eligibility, so that stuck out to me.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

Seeing a few RB offers lately…starting to make me wonder if that’s where we are going to lose some people. Heard rumblings last year Javon was mulling the portal, maybe he pulls the trigger. Theoretically everyone in the backfield is returning next year in terms of eligibility, so that stuck out to me.

Offered another transfer RB today. Also, looks like Hill going after a few DL transfers. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @valleyfb

Posted by: @siu_2011

Offered another transfer RB today. Also, looks like Hill going after a few DL transfers. 

Yeah noticed that too and it makes sense. Lose a few folks to graduation on D-line. What I’m not seeing yet…WRs. I think I’ve only noticed one offer to date. We are going to really need some help there next year along with some O-line help.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

WR:

We have no less than 8 freshmen or redshirt freshmen and 2 sophs - Gibson and Hartrup - on the roster.

Gibson played for his Dad at Romeoville, a 9 year NFL veteran and also played basketball for the Illinois Wolves. He's 6'4", something we haven't seen much on Hill's teams. He played in 8 games as a freshman.

Surely there's a lot of talent there. Some of these guys ran track, played QB, were all-state, etc. 

ReplyQuote
(@g-man)
Saluki Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/Hayesfawcett3/status/1597642430399987713?s=20&t=m2w9ZimAJT0qZDj5oTuSaQ

One could dream. For those unfamiliar, Chase Lane is the Chancellor's son.

Saluki44 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 52

Share: