25 Posts
15 Users
26 Likes
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @maroonloon

Posted by: @jabman62

Like the roster and believe multiple scoring options help with consistency and makes you harder to defend Drake comes to mind their scoring came from multiple players depending who was hot never liked 1or 2 guys dominate the ball especially when they average 14 points a game not 20 ar above

Agree and with similar posts above. Anecdotal observations from last year:  most of the offense was run through or by Domask and Jones IMHO. So that was understandable, subsequently it seemed to me, that other potential scorers were either timid, dare I say afraid, or discouraged from shooting. Yeah, occasionally BM would use Rupert or Ebube to go down low, but not often enough for me.

Really like the multiple scoring athletic options (large and small) available to us now and hope they are used and results in more scoring. And likewise, assuming our defense remains strong. Also not concerned about a player's "flat" shot or style of shooting as long as the dang ball goes through the hoop.

One thing the additions appear to bring that we haven't had in the past is the size and ability to get their own shot and drive to the basket. McGee, Stulic, Hensley, Miller and Davis have all shown the ability to get their own shot and also get to the rim in the past. Albeit, Davis has only done it against high end H.S. competition to date. 

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

This is a good player from a good team.  He had 17 points in the AAC quarters. Good chance he has a great year in the Valley and fills the team out. He also had 14 in a win against Memphis.  Has the ability to step up in big games against solid teams.  

This post was modified 11 months ago by salukimodemrowe

INSaluki, Salukifan32, rafflaw and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @salukimodemrowe

This is a good player from a good team.  He had 17 points in the AAC quarters. Good chance he has a great year in the Valley and fills the team out. He also had 14 in a win against Memphis.  Has the ability to step up in big games against solid teams.  

Absolutely agree. Another solid addition by Coach Mullins and staff. This team may need some time to gel before offense can get acclimated. Hopefully, not too long. However, the defense will indeed be there from the start! 

GO DAWGS!!!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Happy to see SIU round out their roster with RJ.  Welcome to Saluki Nation!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
 Frog
(@frog)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Yes, I'm also skeptical that we've got enough scoring going into next year. In fact I worry about it a lot. Who the hell is going to get the ball with 30 seconds left in the game and we're down a bucket? 

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @frog

Yes, I'm also skeptical that we've got enough scoring going into next year. In fact I worry about it a lot. Who the hell is going to get the ball with 30 seconds left in the game and we're down a bucket? 

hopefully a worry every team has. even when they are down 30 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

We have found our scorer ladies and gents.  This kid can score.   I am hopeful that a more balanced attack is going to help surprise not only other teams but the many naysayers here.  

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

We have found our scorer ladies and gents.  This kid can score.   I am hopeful that a more balanced attack is going to help surprise not only other teams but the many naysayers here.  

I hope you are right. Nothing in this kids past shows he is a scorer. But i really really really hope you are right.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

I hope you are right. Nothing in this kids past shows he is a scorer. But i really really really hope you are right.

Surely his stats don't show a prolific scorer but his strong games against Memphis and Wichita St give me the HOPE that this young man will be a 8-13ppg scorer.  If you look at our prior SG, he would have averaged much less  than he did had he taken a normal amount of shots.  His avg was based mainly on volume.   Plus, we added even MORE height.  The length of this team could make for a fun season for sure.  

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Surely his stats don't show a prolific scorer but his strong games against Memphis and Wichita St give me the HOPE that this young man will be a 8-13ppg scorer.  If you look at our prior SG, he would have averaged much less  than he did had he taken a normal amount of shots.  His avg was based mainly on volume.   Plus, we added even MORE height.  The length of this team could make for a fun season for sure.  

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, so apologies for being repetitive. But in addition to a more balanced attack on offense, hopefully our added height and athleticism results in much improved rebounding. It seemed to me last year, some of our scoring problems were "one and done" shots on offense, not to mention poor defensive board work. In too many games the rebounding was terrible. It did improve somewhat as the season went on, but still marginal. More rebounds should mean more points.

March on triumphantly!

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: