1,343 Posts
89 Users
1468 Likes
46.1 K Views
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/SeanPaulCBB/status/1781409648589066648

6-7 forward from South Holland, IL.  Played at Southern Indiana for 2 years before spending a year at John A. Logan on the National Championship team

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

SIU has a commit.  A transfer from Texas Tech who didn’t play this year.  Was a 3 star out of high school 

https://twitter.com/drewsteffe/status/1781387212644348360?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

I hope this at least helps allay concerns that Coach Nagy cannot get portal players and will only be recruiting at the HS level.  Surely, this is only one player, but it certainly is a GOOD "start".  

Saluki44 and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

6-7 forward from South Holland, IL.  Played at Southern Indiana for 2 years before spending a year at John A. Logan on the National Championship team

Long and very athletic. I would compare him to a Darius Hannah from Bradley. Would love to add him. 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I know we need players but there’s just something about being a guys 4th school that makes me think, no thanks. This guy is like the Tommy Pham of college basketball 

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

https://twitter.com/CMILLLY4/status/1781408087129092175?t=wDCOIJgooFo_VBE2zAjqNg&s=19

🤞🏻🤞🏻

If this means Rupert is back too I'm pumped!!! I wonder if Nagy would play Rupert at the 4 and Ebube at the 5 at times? Anyway, if we are able to get Davis, Ferguson, Rupert and Ebube back that would be huge. Add the 2 young commits, Sharp and Miller and that's a very solid 8 roster spots! Let's hope this all happens.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

https://twitter.com/CMILLLY4/status/1781408087129092175?t=wDCOIJgooFo_VBE2zAjqNg&s=19

🤞🏻🤞🏻

If this means Rupert is back too I'm pumped!!! I wonder if Nagy would play Rupert at the 4 and Ebube at the 5 at times? Anyway, if we are able to get Davis, Ferguson, Rupert and Ebube back that would be huge. Add the 2 young commits, Sharp and Miller and that's a very solid 8 roster spots! Let's hope this all happens.

I would love to have the depth, but I would not like to see Rupert play the 4. He is not an accomplished shooter, and I cringed at each 3pt shot be put up last year.  But until we get Ebube in the fold, I wouldn't turn my nose at ANY of the prior players joining the team.  I remain focusing my hope on Davis and Ebube, anyone else that comes along is more than fine by me.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Rockin' Dawg, usmcsaluki, AJCSaluki and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Mr. Steffe has a nice stroke from the outside. Decent passer as well. Shoots free throws at a 90% clip. 6'6" 3 star guard who committed to Texas Tech, and was recruited by numerous Power 5 schools. Today brought excellent news, Monday could be even better.

GO DAWGS!!!

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@tj-mcflys what do you make of the Rupert and aj videos?

ReplyQuote
(@cj1986)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Don’t think Rupert is coming back based on this IG post

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

From the Tex Tech press release after Drew's signing there in Nov of 22. 

A Frisco, Texas native, Steffe is a four-year starter at Frisco Memorial High School where he will enter his senior season with 1,479 points, 451 rebounds, 311 assists and 197 made 3-pointers in his career. He is coming off a junior season where he was named the District 9-5A MVP, earned TABC First-Team All-State and was a Dallas Morning News All-City selection. He is a three-time District 9-5A First-Team selection and has helped his team to a 70-26 record over the past three seasons.

"Drew has really good size and is an exceptional 3-point shooter," Adams said. "He's a Texas guy and I'm excited that he chose to come to Tech. I think he has a really big future ahead of him.

Steffe is also 4-star shooting guard according to the ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports.

Steffe has averaged double figures throughout his high school career, including going for 17.2 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.2 blocks last season as a junior. He also averaged 16.7 points per game as a sophomore after posting 12.7 points per game as a freshman. Steffe, who will begin his senior season this month, is approaching the school record for career points and already holds the program record with nine 3-pointers in a game against Frisco Lonestar and 11 assists in a game.

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@cj1986  Wanna bet? 😉

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

🤞🏻🤞🏻

I would love to have the depth, but I would not like to see Rupert play the 4. He is not an accomplished shooter, and I cringed at each 3pt shot be put up last year.  But until we get Ebube in the fold, I wouldn't turn my nose at ANY of the prior players joining the team.  I remain focusing my hope on Davis and Ebube, anyone else that comes along is more than fine by me.  

Clarence has been working on his outside shot and reports are it is going very, very well.  I would love to see him play the 4 next season.  I also believe he is leaning toward staying at SIU.

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'd love to see Rupert back and Hornecker. Hornecker really got the shaft here as far as I'm concerned - a 7 footer who can shoot. He'll get nabbed by someone I'm sure. As far as Rupert's threes? Inside every big man is a shooting guard! LOL

The 6'5" kid from TTU who can shoot? Love it!

ReplyQuote
Page 49 / 90

Share: