Also, here is our current roster as it stands LOL:
*NOTE: this is only confirmed returnees / signees*

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Kennard Davis liked the recent post from Aligbe about his visit to Southern. We often read too much into things on social media, but hopefully that means something good. Kennard back would be large.

If Davis comes back, it’s due to Southern digging into NIL for him. He hasn’t shown a whole lot yet, but enough to command some money from a mid-major with some money to spend.

I’ll be really surprised if it happens. 

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

In just reading between the lines so far, I think there's a decent chance that Kennard, Cade and AJ return. 

--Insert something witty here--

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I fully don’t expect Cade to be back. 

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

I'll admit its hope for my part as I think he has potential, but also thinking there's a chance due to recent Texan connections coupled with Nagy's rep with bigs. 

Also, he's likely not going to a program of equal level or higher coming off his injury. So, eliminating prestige and NIL as a primary driver, the biggest motivation for him leaving in my mind would be the potential to play closer to home.

I guess we'll see either way, but he's one I'd like to see stay if healthy just to see what he can do under Nagy with the potential for lots of playing time.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

I'll admit its hope for my part as I think he has potential, but also thinking there's a chance due to recent Texan connections coupled with Nagy's rep with bigs. 

Also, he's likely not going to a program of equal level or higher coming off his injury. So, eliminating prestige and NIL as a primary driver, the biggest motivation for him leaving in my mind would be the potential to play closer to home.

I guess we'll see either way, but he's one I'd like to see stay if healthy just to see what he can do under Nagy with the potential for lots of playing time.

I think it’s really hard for guys when they see so many teammates leave for it not to feel almost weird to stay. It’s a snowball effect, and then you throw in the disruption of a new coaching staff, albeit a coach with a good reputation for utilizing bigs.

I hope Cade stays, too. Good dude. And quite tall. He probably leads the country in consistently putting his arms around teammates in the huddle. 😆 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I wonder what's going on with Hensley? I would like to see AJ, Davis, Hensley and Hornecker all back. First and foremost I'd like to see Davis and Ferguson back. With a healthy Ferguson I'd love to see those two athletic 6'6" guys start together at the 2 and 3. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I wonder what's going on with Hensley? I would like to see AJ, Davis, Hensley and Hornecker all back. First and foremost I'd like to see Davis and Ferguson back. With a healthy Ferguson I'd love to see those two athletic 6'6" guys start together at the 2 and 3. 

I have no idea why Hensley would leave unless he really doesn’t jive with the new staff. He hasn’t produced enough to merit major NIL/bigger conference looks, there is plenty of PT available, and does he really want to go to a fourth school?

Mr_Woogers and Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@bleedfknmaroon25 

Hornecker has had:

Abilene Christian 

High Point

Holy Cross

Liberty

North Texas

Oral Roberts

South Dakota

So. Indiana

Weber State 

All reach out. 

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

Posted by: @foxman24

@bleedfknmaroon25 

Hornecker has had:

Abilene Christian 

High Point

Holy Cross

Liberty

North Texas

Oral Roberts

South Dakota

So. Indiana

Weber State 

All reach out. 

Yeah that confirms in my mind that playing closer to home is a driving force if he follows through with transferring.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

@bleedfknmaroon25 

Hornecker has had:

Abilene Christian 

High Point

Holy Cross

Liberty

North Texas

Oral Roberts

South Dakota

So. Indiana

Weber State 

All reach out. 

Yeah that confirms in my mind that playing closer to home is a driving force if he follows through with transferring.

Cades former high school teammate, Braden Hausen has signed as a Freshman with High Point.  Braden is also Brendan Hausen's younger brother.  Brendan is in the portal from Villanova.   Of course High Point is in North Carolina. 

Steven Verplancken Jr. has his COVID year left at Weber State.

4 of those 9 schools are closer to Amarillo.

Coach Nagy was born in Abilene, Texas.  Was hoping that would create a Texas connection with Cade too.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Older Hausen committed to K-State today, who actually offered Cade in HS if I remember correctly. Don't think that's in the cards for him now, but still interesting lol

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@bleedfknmaroon25 

Hornecker has had:

Abilene Christian 

High Point

Holy Cross

Liberty

North Texas

Oral Roberts

South Dakota

So. Indiana

Weber State 

All reach out. 

Has anyone seen Hornecker practice?  Someone who is employed by SIU was talking with one of the coaches (won't tell you which one) prior to last season.  He asked the coach if Hornecker was going to play this year.  Of course it was prior to the injury.  The coach basically said the coaching staff had a concern about his ability to play and be successful at this level.  The coach said Hornecker has to show much more in practice.  He said, "Hornecker simply doesn't impress."

I am not player bashing.  I don't recall ever seeing the kid play -- even in a game.  So I have no opinion of his play.  That is why I am asking if someone else has seen him practice/play and why they feel he would be a loss if he transfers.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@foxman24 with only two players to show for it. Being patient is wearing thin

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog That’s why you‘re not the coach.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by dogdays

sportsfreak75, INSaluki, Saloukeyfan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 15

Share: