Clear all

'24-'25 roster

223 Posts
44 Users
253 Reactions
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

While Big C provided some great moments over the past two seasons, I do believe he is replaceable, and things will work in our favor in that regard. He is originally from the north eastern part of the country, so Iona makes sense.

More good news should be heading our way this week. 

GO DAWGS!!!  

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Probably for the best for him. We'll see what happens, but he's undersized for center and doesn't have the shooting for the stretch 4 position. He was a big time asset as a teammate with his enthusiasm. If Scottie ends up staying, I hope he recognizes the opportunity he now has.

INSaluki and 1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@tj-mcflys did your prediction have him staying or leaving ?

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

Probably for the best for him. We'll see what happens, but he's undersized for center and doesn't have the shooting for the stretch 4 position. He was a big time asset as a teammate with his enthusiasm. If Scottie ends up staying, I hope he recognizes the opportunity he now has.

This is very similar to how I felt.  Again, I would have been happy had he'd stayed, but am not upset at all that he chose to go elsewhere.  I wish him the best of luck and will be rooting for him at Iona.  

rafflaw, saluki82, Foxman24 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Rupert was an excellent Saluki - he'll be missed on and especially OFF the court. Feels like when you can keep someone for 2 years it's like 4 in the Portal Era! 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

If you missed in the recruiting thread, Webber is signed:

https://twitter.com/SIU_Basketball/status/1782461717525488099

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukifan32

Wish Rupert the best of luck. Not sure he was a great fit with Nagy really. Hopefully we're all in on Ebube now

He's exactly the kind of big that would fit in Nagy's up tempo offense - quick and mobile and in shape. If Ebube comes back, and I hope he does, he will really need to work on conditioning if he wants to play more than 20 minutes a game.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukifan32

Wish Rupert the best of luck. Not sure he was a great fit with Nagy really. Hopefully we're all in on Ebube now

He's exactly the kind of big that would fit in Nagy's up tempo offense - quick and mobile and in shape. If Ebube comes back, and I hope he does, he will really need to work on conditioning if he wants to play more than 20 minutes a game.

I was thinking the same thing about Ebube.  Let's imagine (hope & pray?) that Ebube puts in 125% this off season and comes back in the best shape of his life.  With those hands, hops, athleticism, etc. he WILL be a beast.  But, I'm putting the cart before the horse bc he's not officially signed yet.  I still think he is THE perfect fit for Nagy's system and I am confident Coach has told him just that.  

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I am hearing Ebube to Green Bay???

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

sorry, late on that one

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Things are looking really good! We can almost field a really really bad team!

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Things are looking really good! We can almost field a really really bad team!

Thanks for that kick in the pants Mrs Mullins.. it's water under the bridge.. now Go away! 

And recruiting season's not even close to over.

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

We will have a team next year. Still not concerned by who leaves and who stays. This is the path SIU chose by letting Mullins go and bringing on Nagy. Can't be surprised if everyone leaves, and in my opinion, a full roster reset given the circumstances and current NIL climate might not be the worst thing. Let Nagy and staff get exactly who they want. They've been around long enough that I trust their judgement.

Of course, anyone who stays has my respect and I'll root for you like crazy, but I'm not expecting it and its not the end of the world.

--Insert something witty here--

Rockin' Dawg, Sandman95, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@bleedfknmaroon25 

Definitely have the same take. There's still a TONNNN of guys in the portal and more and more are still entering. The opportunities are still there. The offseason really is only just beginning. We all want it now, though I get it 😉 

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, Sandman95 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lolton)
Davies Gym Poster

@saluki-4-life

INSaluki, Salukifan32, Saloukeyfan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 15

Share: