Clear all

'24-'25 roster

221 Posts
44 Users
231 Likes
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@jabman62 to be honest I don’t know if there is even any clear reason. But valley fans of all schools loved when they showed up and Trent and Troy were in the starting lineup. Trent may be the best overall character Siu has ever had. But man did he throw up consistent bricks for 3 straight years and started all 3 years. Started to score his senior year. Other than trying hard can’t really find a reason he would have ever started for any team or over players like Trey.  I’m guessing character was most important more important than talent 

As much as I can count on the sun coming up…. I can count on your schtick.  

PackerDawg and Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah I can count on you ignoring a large part of the problem because you like a guy. We all liked him. We can discuss players and the struggles they had in regards to how they were coached. It’s not an insult to the man. We’re simply talking  facts. To ignore that part of player development specifically to players like Trey  because “we’re talking bad about the last regime” is a crime against basketball. Unless you think it’s fair to put complete blame on the players and can establish why that’s fair

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

It’s hilarious how we have gotten to the point where you can’t even discuss player development/ playing time because it’s an insult to Mullins but we can say we don’t know what happened in practice or the games that determined Trey’s inconsistent playing time. So it’s 100 percent okay to blame a kid but a coach can’t be questioned when it comes to why a 10 plus ppg kid comes to Siu snd sudddnly stops scoring 

Mr_Woogers reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Posted by: @insaluki

@resaluki-88 

Isn't Trey Miller a PG?   

Trey is a combo guard, not a true point and not good enough to be starting point for the team we want to be. IMO

ReSaluki 88 and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @cowboydawg

@resaluki-88 

Isn't Trey Miller a PG?   

Trey is a combo guard, not a true point and not good enough to be starting point for the team we want to be. IMO

To judge Trey's abilities (or several other players) based solely upon his performance under the previous coach is questionable. IMO  I expect we will see a different player this year.  I look forward to finding out.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dogdays

Trey will or should be a backup. For us to be good we need a better point.

Yep. His frosh. year was for a weak team that played a lot of weak teams. 30% from 3 but didn't shoot many. Half of his games he scored fewer than 10 pts. High game was 21 against Our Lady of the Lake.

Judging from what I saw, he will need to improve greatly over the summer to be an adequate PG. IMO we need to recruit an experienced floor QB or we will be hurting. Another XJ would be great.

Hard to say about Sharp - he never got much chance to play.

dogdays and ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I certainly don't view Miller as a starter at either guard position unless he gets waaaaaay better. Rather, my hope is that he can at least provide quality depth off the bench in case of foul trouble and also to prevent the starters from having to play 40 minutes every game. I'll admit I'm rooting for him because he left the transfer portal and decided to return. Also, I recall that a lot of people thought he was a pretty good signing last spring. I wouldn't give up on him unless he proves he can't carve out a niche under the new regime.

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

Posted by: @dunkledog

It’s hilarious how we have gotten to the point where you can’t even discuss player development/ playing time because it’s an insult to Mullins but we can say we don’t know what happened in practice or the games that determined Trey’s inconsistent playing time. So it’s 100 percent okay to blame a kid but a coach can’t be questioned when it comes to why a 10 plus ppg kid comes to Siu snd sudddnly stops scoring 

I think people are just tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over and over. You're like the opposite of 4-life and almost as irritating.

sportsfreak75, INSaluki, Kyle_Saluki_17 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki82 I agree with your point but to say a player isn’t good enough without talking about all points seems disingenuous to Trey and the program itself. If we’re really having this discussion every item needs to be discussed. It seems like only a small few people are willing to not blame Trey 100 percent and those that do talk about his short falls don’t want to discuss things they don’t like.  If we don’t want to keep hearing the same thing over and over again maybe we just stop saying Trey isnt good enough until we see him play this year

Psychodawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @cowboydawg

@resaluki-88 

Isn't Trey Miller a PG?   

Yes, he is a combo guard. He wasn't even the main PG at Incarnate Word. Pretty sure he played the 2 and backed up at point. He is best suited at the 2, but needs to get better at distance.

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I’m guessing that Rupert is announcing his decision at 4:00 based on his recent tweet. 

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Iona. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Pretty frustrating,. Particularly so after his teaser SIU tweet just the other day. 😑

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Wish Rupert the best of luck. Not sure he was a great fit with Nagy really. Hopefully we're all in on Ebube now

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I would have loved to have Rupert back but I think we'll be good with bigs.  I'm glad he's off to Iona and not anywhere in the Valley.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 15

Share: