Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
44.9 K Views
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I'm telling you. It wasn't Nagy, it was Pastner who met halfway from Connecticut. 

He wants another shot at a head job. Just has to get his media commitments in check.

dean_siu reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@spike that’s about as real as Saluki-4 life’s sources

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Posted by: @salukiworld

Nobody said Nagy said no.  Be patient and let it play out.  He has to go back to Dayton no matter what, they're not kidnapping him.  If the SIU jet goes flying to some other place in the next 2 days then you have your answer.

I am saying he said no. Not a guess based on him flying home.

If you're playing reporter here, I'm going to play the role of editor. You can't reveal the identity of your source, obviously. But tell me something about him/her. Is it someone in the SIU administration? Someone in the athletic department? Someone in the media? How high-ranking and well-placed is this person? Have you gone to this source before, and has he/she generally been reliable? Have you made calls to Wright State people who would be in a position to know what's going on? 

Don't take this as an attack -- I used to supervise reporters way back when and these are EXACTLY the questions I would ask in such a situation. If the reporter couldn't answer them to my satisfaction, we usually killed the story.

This post was modified 2 months ago by AJCSaluki

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)

What is this about Scott Nagy from Wright State? He is expected to be the next head coach here.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

If SIU is throwing around $600,000, they’re going to get a good coach whether it’s Nagy (and I believe it is) or someone else 

is Mullins still available?

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@dawgbytes I was told by a guy on twitter he was going to turn uic into a powerhouse lol

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

Posted by: @dogdays

The people who live in Carbondale have, in my opinion, a jaded, somewhat negative view of their city. It’s not much different than any other small to medium size town. Malls dying, crime in certain areas, restaurants closing. It’s just as true in Terre Haute, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield, Normal as it is in Carbondale. 

With the exception of Terre Haute, every city you named is in Illinois. It doesn’t have to be that way. The most liberating day of my life is when I left Illinois for Florida. And it’s much more than the weather. 

One of the more liberating days of my life was leaving Texas to move back here. "Each hog to his own trough," as my wife's grandmother was fond of saying. 😆 😆 

(Inflammatory political snark)

dean_siu, MPH, SlyDawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

If SIU is throwing around $600,000, they’re going to get a good coach whether it’s Nagy (and I believe it is) or someone else 

is Mullins still available?

If SIU was interviewing someone with Bryan's resume, you'd be crying that they were interviewing someone that's coached for 5 years and hasn't hit any kind of postseason tournament.

Rockin' Dawg, INSaluki, Thunnellvision and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

Nobody said Nagy said no.  Be patient and let it play out.  He has to go back to Dayton no matter what, they're not kidnapping him.  If the SIU jet goes flying to some other place in the next 2 days then you have your answer.

If you're playing reporter here, I'm going to play the role of editor. You can't reveal the identity of your source, obviously. But tell me something about him/her. Is it someone in the SIU administration? Someone in the athletic department? Someone in the media? How high-ranking and well-placed is this person? Have you gone to this source before, and has he/she generally been reliable? Have you made calls to Wright State people who would be in a position to know what's going on? 

Don't take this as an attack -- I used to supervise reporters way back when and these are EXACTLY the questions I would ask in such a situation. If the reporter couldn't answer them to my satisfaction, we usually killed the story.

not looking for credibility. Just sharing. You can believe it or not.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

equals lying about having sources 

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@austinsaluki Wow I didn’t know you moved.  I left Austin too; but we are in Dallas now.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Well shucks, if it not Nagy, on to the 5th or 6th, or 7th pick. So glad “we” canned Mullins. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Well shucks, if it not Nagy, on to the 5th or 6th, or 7th pick. So glad “we” canned Mullins. 

Definitely getting to a point Leonard has to be wondering if he messed this all up.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Fair enough, and I neither believe nor disbelieve at this point, but if you're going to get people on this board all riled up, it's also fair to ask you to "share" some details about where your information is coming from.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Definitely getting to a point Leonard has to be wondering if he messed this all up.

yea sure  he had a choice 

ReplyQuote
Page 141 / 164

Share: