2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
42.3 K Views
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @airdawg86

There will be an official announcement tomorrow.

One of these days you'll actually be right and you better take a huge victory lap saying you called it

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

If it was feasible ( which it is not) one should ask the other coaches and staffers what their thoughts are!

It would be a eye opening conversation one way or another!

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @airdawg86

There will be an official announcement tomorrow.

One of these days you'll actually be right and you better take a huge victory lap saying you called it

At this point, I gotta believe that's what he's going for.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere on the site. But interesting nonetheless:

https://twitter.com/JasonBelzer/status/1767237790691938317

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mph

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere on the site. But interesting nonetheless:

https://twitter.com/JasonBelzer/status/1767237790691938317

So how does SIU stand in this situation?

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @kiwiball

@salukiworld 

I Understand the process.  Hypothetically if Nagy said no, hypothetically all the other individuals who have interviewed said No. 

Just wondering what are we missing as Saluki loyalists that the candidates are not missing and saying No.  

I grew up in southern Illinois and graduated from SIU in 1979.  I left in 1979 and lived in major cities all over the east coast for the next 35 years.  I'm telling you all that Carbondale is a crumbling city.  I hated it when I lived there in college, and it's only gotten worse and worse over the last 45 years.

It's going to have to be one hell of an offer, or one hell of an ambitious young coach, to get someone to move into a (1) city on the decline and (2) a college on the decline (I think there were ~22,000 students when I was there).

You all are being unrealistic.  Kyle Smithpeters not looking so bad now, is he?

If it ends up being Smithpeters…

Did Smithpeters sleep with your sister in high school or something?

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

I obviously have no idea how to share a tweeter

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Posted by: @packerdawg

If the Chancellor has one foot out the door then why is he pulling the strings for HC?  I don’t doubt anyone’s info, it just seems odd that he would care if he’s trying to leave. 

Lane has one foot out the door. I have not seen anybody dispute that 

I'll dispute it. Just because he was invited to apply to NMSU at a considerably higher salary does not mean he has one foot out the door. His current gig is far better than Texas Southern. He might be ambitious, but I don't consider the NMSU  thing hard evidence that he can't wait to get the H out of here. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @kiwiball

@salukiworld 

I Understand the process.  Hypothetically if Nagy said no, hypothetically all the other individuals who have interviewed said No. 

Just wondering what are we missing as Saluki loyalists that the candidates are not missing and saying No.  

I grew up in southern Illinois and graduated from SIU in 1979.  I left in 1979 and lived in major cities all over the east coast for the next 35 years.  I'm telling you all that Carbondale is a crumbling city.  I hated it when I lived there in college, and it's only gotten worse and worse over the last 45 years.

Pardon my French, but you are absolutely full of it! I too have lived all over the country, in the big city, in the country, and in the lily white suburbs. Madison, Columbus, Chicago, Colorado Springs, places you never heard of blah, blah.

Carbondale is actually very progressive and in so many ways a better town than it was when I was here decades ago. Yes SIU has 45% of the students it used to have and needs a sustained effort to rebuild that enrollment, but I completely disagree that Carbondale is a crumbling city. That is major Bullshit! And I live here every day when I'm not traveling.

I know so many smart people that have moved here from Chicago, Seattle, Denver, San Diego and love it. Most would never go back to the big city. I sure wouldn't.

ReSaluki 88 and SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @packerdawg

If the Chancellor has one foot out the door then why is he pulling the strings for HC?  I don’t doubt anyone’s info, it just seems odd that he would care if he’s trying to leave. 

Seriously??? I doubt everyone's info on here!!!  Haven't seen so much fiction since Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes.  

But I do agree with the statement "there will be an announcement tomorrow" if you leave off the last word.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life once again this is blind speculation. I doubt you have in meeting knowledge or know people who do. We have zero reason to believe you suddenly have sources

That's true of almost all the idiocy on here. Nobody knows if so and so said no

or who is being interviewed. More rumors than the old ladies at the antique

club. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@mr_woogers I love Carby and agree with you.  I still can’t imagine retiring back to Illinois.  You are Austin are amongst a small minority I would guess.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

And btw, the haters that keep ripping our facilities are dead wrong. True we don't have a practice facility, but the Banterra Center is a knockout! Love it.

Rockin' Dawg and SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dawg

@mr_woogers I love Carby and agree with you.  I still can’t imagine retiring back to Illinois.  You are Austin are amongst a small minority I would guess.

Some people love the car exhaust of the big city or the sterility of the burbs. I moved back here a few years ago and think it's great. Can't tell you how many people I've met that have moved here from Denver, LA, San Diego, etc. that love it here. Not perfect of course - good jobs are hard to find, etc.

Carbondale's a smallish college town of 25K. Still has a great music scene, a great place for film makers/photographers and nature lovers/ bikers/kayakers/fishermen. Good variety of restaurants, wineries, etc. To say it is crumbling is BS ...lots of urban renewal type things going on, depending on available funds.

And close to the big city if you want it!

Definitely a dearth of strip malls - that's a positive IMO.

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 148 / 164

Share: