2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
42.3 K Views
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki86alum

@quatroschallengesaluki Lane's wife lives in Houston, he lives in St. Louis.  He was fired from his last job. SIU happened to be an open position so he applied, as I'll bet he applied for many other jobs at the time.  Anyone who thinks he isn't currently applying for other positions is naive.

And that’s fine. He’s done well for SIU. If he wants to leave, the next person will inherit a better situation. 

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Lots of sports talk on twitter about nagy being in play. Im skeptical of any of the Saluki insider rumors since it’s so all over the place 

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dawg

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Ok, been thinking about this a lot, and I think I’ve got our solution. 

we go for a big name alum, big publicity hire, make tons of money off it.

Yes, I’m talking about Jenny McCarthy. Hire her as head coach. Think of the possibilities!!! Reality tv show idea for sure. Her husband can get NKOTB involved, amazing halftime shows!!! Could even have the brother in law get the Funky Bunch back together for a few episodes. The ratings would be out of this world. Money would be just rolling in. Could even have a Whalburgers in one of the concession stands!! 

Of course, she would have to have assistants that actually knew what they were doing, but man, the marketing possibilities are endless!!

Crazy that this isn't the worst name mentioned 

If she coaches topless, then I'm in.  Honestly, she couldn't do much worse than Mullins.

A lot of her comedy schtick has involved passing gas, so if she disagrees with officials' calls she could just let one rip in their general direction.

This post was modified 1 month ago by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @saluki44

https://x.com/samurai_hoops/status/1773330191986589879?s=61

Just so this doesn't get lost because the tweet didn't embed:

https://twitter.com/samurai_hoops/status/1773330191986589879?s=61

Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@dunkledog 
I too am extremely skeptical of all the inside sources on this thread.

It seems like many, not all, are intent on trashing SIU, Carbondale, Illinois, and the Midwest. No one has gone so far as trashing the country but that may be next.

It seem letting this play out is the best approach. It may be the “insiders” know nothing and the guys coming to Carbondale represent the interview process.

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dawg I certainly look forward it.

He's curiously absent this morning.  I wonder if he finally collapsed after all the frenzied posting and doom prophesying 🙂

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

He's curiously absent this morning.  I wonder if he finally collapsed after all the frenzied posting and doom prophesying 🙂

I'm here, and I am fired up! Hear the plan is landing in Sparta as we speak to talk to their 4th grade girls travel coach! 

beadmedaddio and Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

I'm here, and I am fired up! Hear the plan is landing in Sparta as we speak to talk to their 4th grade girls travel coach! 

hey, I kno him. His players love him, always takes them out for pizza n ice cream. 

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Here is a novel idea. Make Howard the interim coach and see what happens. Gives SIU a year to “fix” things to make the job more attractive. And you never know he may succeed in bringing in players and doing well. Remember, Norman Dale won the Indiana state championship with a limited amount of players in Hoosiers.

BTW, I am only half-kidding. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://x.com/samurai_hoops/status/1773330191986589879?s=61

Just so this doesn't get lost because the tweet didn't embed:

https://twitter.com/samurai_hoops/status/1773330191986589879?s=61

there’s some more people talking about it too. I think it’s a real possibility 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@salukiworld Which button works to embed a tweet like that? It seems like I used to be able to use the ‘link’ button and it would embed the tweet automatically, but now it doesn’t do that.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

@salukiworld Which button works to embed a tweet like that? It seems like I used to be able to use the ‘link’ button and it would embed the tweet automatically, but now it doesn’t do that.

You have to change "x.com" in the url to "twitter.com" and it works

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@salukiworld Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I’m pretty sure an offer was made. Hopefully it’s accepted and we are through this.  Let’s hope for no divine intervention this time. 

Freedawg, INSaluki, Rockin' Dawg and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

I’m pretty sure an offer was made. Hopefully it’s accepted and we are through this.  Let’s hope for no divine intervention this time. 

What do you consider divine intervention?  Since it’s Easter weekend. 

ReplyQuote
Page 151 / 164

Share: