Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
42.4 K Views
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

The “Samurai Hoops” account on Twitter posted this morning that Nagy and SIU are expected to seal the deal today.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Just heard, or more to say starting, a rumor...........there have been multiple head coaching deals nearly inked but Barkeep and the Saluki Insider staff has put the kabash on them in order to spike up interest in this very site.  I heard they'll allow a new coach once we get this to 200 pages !!!  

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

The “Samurai Hoops” account on Twitter posted this morning that Nagy and SIU are expected to seal the deal today.

Let's hope this is correct. I read in the newspaper yesterday that DuQuoin's first-year head coach threw in his resignation at Monday's school board meeting after going 9-20, and I was worried that, considering how this search has gone, he was offered the job. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Someone may need to do a wellness check on Saluki_4_Life and the other chicken-little, doom-and-gloomers if this does happen. 

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Posted by: @siudawgs

Let's hope this is correct. I read in the newspaper yesterday that DuQuoin's first-year head coach threw in his resignation at Monday's school board meeting after going 9-20, and I was worried that, considering how this search has gone, he was offered the job. 

This made me laugh!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Will there be maroon fireworks when the announcement is made? It’s been a wild ride in the last 3 weeks.  

ReplyQuote
(@saluki86alum)
Davies Gym Poster

@quatroschallengesaluki Lane's wife lives in Houston, he lives in St. Louis.  He was fired from his last job. SIU happened to be an open position so he applied, as I'll bet he applied for many other jobs at the time.  Anyone who thinks he isn't currently applying for other positions is naive.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Ok, been thinking about this a lot, and I think I’ve got our solution. 

we go for a big name alum, big publicity hire, make tons of money off it.

Yes, I’m talking about Jenny McCarthy. Hire her as head coach. Think of the possibilities!!! Reality tv show idea for sure. Her husband can get NKOTB involved, amazing halftime shows!!! Could even have the brother in law get the Funky Bunch back together for a few episodes. The ratings would be out of this world. Money would be just rolling in. Could even have a Whalburgers in one of the concession stands!! 

Of course, she would have to have assistants that actually knew what they were doing, but man, the marketing possibilities are endless!!

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Just heard, or more to say starting, a rumor...........there have been multiple head coaching deals nearly inked but Barkeep and the Saluki Insider staff has put the kabash on them in order to spike up interest in this very site.  I heard they'll allow a new coach once we get this to 200 pages !!!  

So let’s get going. We have 50 pages to go!

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Yes, I’m talking about Jenny McCarthy. Hire her as head coach. Think of the possibilities!!! Reality tv show idea for sure. Her husband can get NKOTB involved, amazing halftime shows!!! Could even have the brother in law get the Funky Bunch back together for a few episodes. The ratings would be out of this world. Money would be just rolling in. Could even have a Whalburgers in one of the concession stands!! 

Of course, she would have to have assistants that actually knew what they were doing, but man, the marketing possibilities are endless!!

Crazy that this isn't the worst name mentioned 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @saluki86alum

@quatroschallengesaluki Lane's wife lives in Houston, he lives in St. Louis.  He was fired from his last job. SIU happened to be an open position so he applied, as I'll bet he applied for many other jobs at the time.  Anyone who thinks he isn't currently applying for other positions is naive.

I didn’t say he wasn’t, but there is also absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he is.

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Someone may need to do a wellness check on Saluki_4_Life and the other chicken-little, doom-and-gloomers if this does happen. 

That will be the gift that never stops giving as we feed him crow for the rest of his life 🙂

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Crazy that this isn't the worst name mentioned 

If she coaches topless, then I'm in.  Honestly, she couldn't do much worse than Mullins.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@dawg I certainly look forward it.

ReplyQuote
Page 150 / 164

Share: