'24-'25 roster

221 Posts
44 Users
231 Likes
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life Jerry Reinsdorf says the team he most likes are 2 place teams to middle of the pack. Because they fool people into thinking they have a shot but keep them in a position where he doesn’t have to spend much money. 

id hope siu fans don’t think just being stable but not good enough to compete’ is a goal 

2 things.

1) this isn’t pro sports, it’s not the same. Plenty of owners do feel that way in pro sports and I actually agree. You get higher picks, easier schedules etc… when you’re bad, so being in the middle with no hope of winning a championship sucks. We aren’t going to get anything except more apathy from finishing 10th-12th this year.

2) we were retaining players and that stability was going to lead to championships. The current roster is an absolute disaster. Freshman that won’t help us win anything meaningful and if they’re any good at all will be playing for someone different next year anyway.

i get your point, but it’s not the same.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

I’m very sorry, I know all of you are excited for some reason but I haven’t seen any positive signs. We are losing guys we wanted to retain and it’s basically just about money. A really bad year is going to make people even more apathetic to giving their money. Those who said “it can’t get worse” yes it can and we are on a slippery slippery slope to much worse. I know there is time but I’ve had fun at SIU games the last 4 seasons, I don’t want to go back to having no hope of doing anything… 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Imagine if Dunkledog and Saluki 4 Life are just the same bipolar person lol

Saloukeyfan, SlyDawg, saluki82 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@salukifan32 don’t worry we argue on twitter also lol

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Hensley is the other name that could head to Murray from what I heard a few days ago.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

Hensley is the other name that could head to Murray from what I heard a few days ago.

That would be disappointing because I thought he had a chance to carve a nice niche for himself on next year's team based on what he did toward the end of last season. But if we have to lose another player to Murray, better him than Davis.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Somehow, someway, this all doesn’t seem to be going as swimmingly as “we” all thought it it would when “the worst coach in the MVC” had a contract put on his head by the-chancellor-who-would-be AD. At this point I am just a casual observer. My iron shots in golf are getting a lot better though, so there is that. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

Somehow, someway, this all doesn’t seem to be going as swimmingly as “we” all thought it it would when “the worst coach in the MVC” had a contract put on his head by the-chancellor-who-would-be AD. At this point I am just a casual observer. My iron shots in golf are getting a lot better though, so there is that. 

3,2,1…..it should begin shortly. I hear a certain poster approaching.

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Current updated RPI rankings. 

As of 4/9/2024

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Freedawg

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah i heard i was called lmao I imagine just having an ability to not allow uic to score 50 Points in the paint next year a successful season. So it’s going swimmingly so far.  But if in 5 years he hasn’t won. We can extend him and see if he will in 10 years 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Roster prospects v 4.0

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

Roster prospects v 4.0

Thank you for your hard work and frequent updates!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @johnny-utah

if you’re talking about me, just wake me up when we have our roster. There’s a very slim chance we will even be decent, let alone good. I’ve said it before those who wanted the change and thought things couldn’t get worse are going to experience worse, let’s see if after the worse it gets better… however, if it’s going to it won’t have to do with the coach, it’ll have to do with the coach having the money to get and retain players which we currently don’t. It’s why Ebube and Ferguson are gon + no loyalty to the current coach, which is nobodies fault.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

if you’re talking about me, just wake me up when we have our roster. There’s a very slim chance we will even be decent, let alone good. I’ve said it before those who wanted the change and thought things couldn’t get worse are going to experience worse, let’s see if after the worse it gets better… however, if it’s going to it won’t have to do with the coach, it’ll have to do with the coach having the money to get and retain players which we currently don’t. It’s why Ebube and Ferguson are gon + no loyalty to the current coach, which is nobodies fault.

Nope wasn’t talking about you in this way instance….just your polar opposite.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

I dont think anyone thought it couldn't get worse, things could have gotten a lot worse. But that is a sad way to approach life, just hoping things dont get worse. I hope thats not how you approach the rest of your life. 

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 15

Share: