I'm all in - inside out play...high FG%...rebounding.. fast pace

PUMPED

SlyDawg, Rockin' Dawg, oberkfell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @slydawg

Sources told me Jerrance Howard was a prerequisite during hiring process. The new head coach had to agree to keep him. (Lanes request)

I don’t like that.  His team….should pick the coaches.

That could be part of the reason 3 or 4 coaches turned us down.  If someone told me that I had to do that as part of getting the job -- well, let's just say that would raise all kinds of red flags to me.

ReplyQuote
(@dawg88)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Rebounding and liking big men !! Music to my ears. We may have two guys over 6”8 on the floor at the same time. 

ReplyQuote
goroshnik
(@goroshnik)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Scottie Ebube, you absolutely need to stay at SIU. This is your coach to a tee, dude. 

That's the same initial impression I got as well.  And as high-scoring as Nagy's teams have been, you'd also hope that Ebube might like the chance to score a lot more underneath.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Don’t know if it’ll be streamed but Bucky said they’re doing a separate press conference with the journalists 

AirDawg86 and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I like the fact that Nagy said he would be interested in bringing back some of the players. As UncleDP said, this Coach seems to fit Ebube perfectly... a big with good hands who they can get the ball inside to and then let them decide whether or not to pass or score (in his case DUNK).  LOL   

SlyDawg, Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Wow! Coach made a really good first impression on  me. He seems  incredibly humble and selfless. I love that he teaches his players about serving others and being selfless.

I loved to hear that he uses big men and plays  inside out. It's been ages since SIU has played that way! I'm so excited to see him grow this program.

INSaluki and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Very good press conference.  I think Nagy will be a really good fit at SIU.

INSaluki, uncledawgpound, Psychodawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Has Coach Nagy pronounced his own last name yet?  I knew a bunch of "Nagy's" from my hometown and a bunch of others in CT, it's a common Slovak/Hungarian last name back there.  All of them pronounced it "Nay-gee"; not "Nag-ee" or "Nah-gee".  

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @grimper57

Very good press conference.  I think Nagy will be a really good fit at SIU.

Agreed, just started listening to it a few minutes ago... and impressed so far.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Scottie Ebube, you absolutely need to stay at SIU. This is your coach to a tee, dude. 

I truly hope Scottie was listening today. Coaches system sounds ideal for bigs.  I hope the two of them will sit down and have a discussion, and Scottie stays. 🤞🏻 

SlyDawg and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @foxman24

I'm all in - inside out play...high FG%...rebounding.. fast pace

PUMPED

I love it... I want an up-pace offensive, not the old Tarkanian run & gun, but like your summary and have it go along with Tark's old defensive style too.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
(@rkid001)
Dawg Pound Poster

Really happy to see Nagy at SIU.  I grew up in Brookings, SD watching his teams at SDSU.  I went to SIU for grad school, so while I've always been a Jackrabbit the Dawgs are right up there for me.  He brought some really great players to Brookings e.g., Nate Wolters, Mike Daum, and his teams always played hard. I think he will win over folks in Carbondale if they haven't already started to come around

Grimper57, INSaluki, PackerDawg and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

So I was at the press conference and there was a very tall college aged kid there. He looked A LOT like Scottie but I cannot confirm. Hoping it was him and that means he’s staying. He was high fiving and waving at people there. 

INSaluki and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ia-maroon)
Dawg Pound Poster

I'll always support SIU Basketball but I cannot for the life of me see how someone says that what they heard was impressive. 

This is the Mullins Effect: great human, really good character guy, family first, few words, but your world will not be on fire. 

I got the impression during the conference that he is the re-builder and in a few years, he'll move back to Dayton while the next guy runs with the program. I'm ok with that as it sounds like he will provide a vision and stability, but the word(s) "impressive" "all in" or any other word even hinting at leadership excitement is beyond my grasp. 

We'll score points, he'll create a system and a style of play that is new and different, and hopefully, he'll have a really good assistant who will take over. That's my take.

Either way, more had to be going on with the program and Nagy is here and I wish him nothing but the best. He's placed there for a reason. I can trust the process.  

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 44

Share: