74 Users
929 Reactions
12.1 K Views
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Scottie Ebube, you absolutely need to stay at SIU. This is your coach to a tee, dude. 

So I was at the press conference and there was a very tall college aged kid there. He looked A LOT like Scottie but I cannot confirm. Hoping it was him and that means he’s staying. He was high fiving and waving at people there. 

Fingers crossed. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Really enjoyed the press conference. Impressive indeed! 

For those SI folks that attended, can you share your thoughts when you are able? Much appreciated.

He seems like a person to cheer for and support. Let's get a link up soon so we can start making a difference with this program.

GO DAWGS!!!

I was impressed as well (I watch over YT).  The coach struck all the right notes from my perspective.  Even more excited than I was yesterday.  Just dropped my first Benjamin in the Floorburn U collective.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Dawg

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @salukiworld

Don’t know if it’ll be streamed but Bucky said they’re doing a separate press conference with the journalists 

Hopefully, someone will upload it to YouTube and we can grab it.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Really enjoyed the press conference. Impressive indeed! 

For those SI folks that attended, can you share your thoughts when you are able? Much appreciated.

He seems like a person to cheer for and support. Let's get a link up soon so we can start making a difference with this program.

GO DAWGS!!!

If you mean the reception in general, I thought it was really nice. Something they didn’t necessarily have to do. Well attended with refreshments. Concetti canon, some cheerleaders and dancers, and grey dawg was walking around. No band but played the fight song over the speakers. If you mean the coach, I think I’m buying what he’s selling. I like what he said so I hope it translates! 

Also liked the nod to Bryan. He knows he was well liked as a man and hopes we will give him a chance. He didn’t have to mention Bryan  

INSaluki and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I watched it, and honestly left feeling blah about it.  However a press conference doesn’t win you any games.  I think we’ll be fine with him at the helm.  However my biggest takeaway from it was Leonard going “I’m calling you to ask an out so and so….well why am I not interviewing you?”  Haha thought it was funny.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah an siu coach who wants to run a motion offense and use big men as big men? What planet did I get dropped off on lol

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

I appreciated the gracious reference to Mullins from Nagy and would have liked to hear either the chancellor or AD do the same. 

Nagy has a soft-spoken, understated/gentle way about him. I saw some Wright State malcontent fans (every fan base has some) were hinting that he didn't seem as mad about losses as they'd like, but guessing that's just his personality. I think he's a competitor and don't think he would take a challenging job like SIU if he didn't still have plenty of passion to win. He seems like a nice fella and his track record lends plenty of credibility. 

In terms of the substance, it was all fine, and his NIL answer was interesting, but I'm curious if more substantive/detailed info comes out of the follow-up Q&A with the small-but-mighty southern Illinois press corps.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

Posted by: @foxman24

"We want to recruit 6s that want to be 5s" 🤣 

Quote of the presser to me!

Foxman24, Rockin' Dawg, INSaluki and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Is the Introductory press conference uploaded someplace i can watch it? I wasn't able to see it live.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Is the Introductory press conference uploaded someplace i can watch it? I wasn't able to see it live.

I'm watching for it. Once SIU puts it up, we'll put a link up.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

anyone think he can get ebube and some of the others back. A fast paced offense probably suits Davis also 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Dunkledog

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Still to be determined how he fares in putting together a staff and recruiting high-character players who fit in on and off the court, but I did get the feeling that in terms of in-game coaching skills and savvy, he'll match up just fine against Jacobson, Wardle and everyone else in the MVC (including Schertz if he winds up sticking around).

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @slydawg

Sources told me Jerrance Howard was a prerequisite during hiring process. The new head coach had to agree to keep him. (Lanes request)

I don’t like that.  His team….should pick the coaches.

That could be part of the reason 3 or 4 coaches turned us down.  If someone told me that I had to do that as part of getting the job -- well, let's just say that would raise all kinds of red flags to me.

Nagy knows him pretty well, U of I ties. 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@johnny-utah an siu coach who wants to run a motion offense and use big men as big men? What planet did I get dropped off on lol

I don’t get excited over what offense or who he plays.  5 guards, 2 bigs…..doesn’t matter to me. He’s got a track record of success that is more impressive to me than the presser. To me it’s all about if he can win over kids in the portal.  With the changing environment of the MVC there is not a better time to sneak up and win one….especially if Shertz leaves.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 44

Share: