Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/VarnRiverRadio/status/1773369874334576641

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Wright State board seems to think that his associate head coach Clint Sargent will be named head coach so he'll have an open spot on his staff, really 2 open spots because Mullins had 4 assistants and he had 3 at Wright State.

If they hire internally, makes it somewhat less likely current players and incoming recruits will follow Nagy to Southern.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Wright State board seems to think that his associate head coach Clint Sargent will be named head coach so he'll have an open spot on his staff, really 2 open spots because Mullins had 4 assistants and he had 3 at Wright State.

If they hire internally, makes it somewhat less likely current players and incoming recruits will follow Nagy to Southern.

It may also cause Nagy to not attempt to poach them, he sems like a very high character guy. However, all's fair in love, war and mid major recruiting.... 

ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I've still got some leftover wounds from the Mullins situation, but with a new coach on board, I'm ready to support. He seems to bring a lot of positives and I'm very hopeful about this hire.

Welcome, Coach Nagy!

Saloukeyfan, Psychodawg, Salukifan32 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @sportsfreak75

I've still got some leftover wounds from the Mullins situation, but with a new coach on board, I'm ready to support. He seems to bring a lot of positives and I'm very hopeful about this hire.

Welcome, Coach Nagy!

Like Bryan Nagy is known as a high character guy who has built a good culture at South Dakota State and Wright State. That plays well in Southern Illinois. Unlike Bryan I am very confident in his coaching ability. Let's hope he hits the trifecta and recruits well. That's so important with the new current college basketball landscape!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @bigjsaluki

Posted by: @spike

I like this hire. My only pause is that his teams apparently are defense optional. 

Mullins defense with an actual offense would have been a thing of beauty.

Defense optional sure, but offense should be exciting.  Wright St was 34 this year on ken pom in adj offense.  (SIU was 115)   

shades of rich Herrin. That was a very interesting team offensively. 

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Career division one record 334-90, 5 ncaa tourneys. Let’s get some players and get this thing going.

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, uncledawgpound and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Let's go, coach. Would love to get 2 of his transfers, as well as those 3 commits (especially that 6'8" guard). 

Also agree that the first calls need to be to those that have entered the portal on their interests. 

Welcome to SIU - Time to work!!!

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

BTW, Happy Opening Day, everybody!!!

Cowboydawg, rafflaw, Quatros Saluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @siudawgs

It may also cause Nagy to not attempt to poach them, he sems like a very high character guy. However, all's fair in love, war and mid major recruiting.... 

That can go either way. Sometimes these recruits follow their coach that were recruiting them. So it’s going to be interesting to see if our past players that entered the portal are recruited again by Nagy Also if what loyalty lies among Nagy’s present recruits. 

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I think Jaheem Webber would probably be a shoe-in for us to follow Nagy. We offered him as well. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

He’s supposed to be a really good bigs coach. I hope he reaches out to Scotty, Cade and Clarence.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

I think Jaheem Webber would probably be a shoe-in for us to follow Nagy. We offered him as well. 

He also played for the Illinois Wolves AAU program. Let’s see.

Salukifan32 and Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I'm onboard with the Nagy decision - hard to ignore 5 NCAA appearances even with his last two or three years being somewhat mediocre.

Let's go!

Rockin' Dawg, rafflaw, Psychodawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Welcome Coach Nagy! Excited for the next few weeks to see the roster start to fill out

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 44

Share: