656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.9 K Views
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

Truly, lets use this time to rally! We'll miss Bryan Mullins the human. He'll be welcomed back with open arms one day. Support the team with whatever you can. If NIL is in your budget, GREAT! If attendance of games is your way of funding the program, fantastic. If we have no way of doing either, spread positivity about SIU in your interactions. I promise, the people that work on campus adore when our alumni speak positively about our beautiful school and the athletics bleeds into academics just as the image of the school bleeds into athletics. Show support now so later they will know if they don't keep the pedal down, if support is threatened to be withdrawn it's quite evident. Can't wait to see some high flying offense in Banterra.

THIS !!!!!!!  

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU will introduce Nagy to the public on Friday at 1 p.m. in the Charles Helleny Pavilion of the Banterra Center. Voice of the Salukis Luke Martin will host the event, with comments from Coach Nagy, Chancellor Austin A. Lane and Director of Athletics Tim Leonard.

SIU Alum 05, INSaluki, AirDawg86 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I am so relieved by this hire. My BP has returned to normal.

(Inflammatory political snark)

DuQuoin Dandy, INSaluki, AirDawg86 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

WOOHOO!!!  It's official!  Welcome to SIU Scott Nagy!!!

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @dawg

@airdawg86 Gen Z feet stink.

😆 😆 

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

SIU will introduce Nagy to the public on Friday at 1 p.m. in the Charles Helleny Pavilion of the Banterra Center. Voice of the Salukis Luke Martin will host the event, with comments from Coach Nagy, Chancellor Austin A. Lane and Director of Athletics Tim Leonard.

Yes! I'm off tomorrow so I can tune in!! I'm jacked to hear what coach will say!!

SIU! SIU! SIU!

AirDawg86 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

ROLL YOU DAMN DAWGS! 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Got tomorrow off too, I might have to go to the announcement to hear what he has to say! 

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Some interesting trivia about the Nagy family. It's already been noted that his father, Dick, was a longtime assistant to Lou Henson at Illinois. Henson coached at Hardin-Simmons in the '60s and recruited Dick Nagy before moving on the New Mexico State. After Hinson left, Dick Nagy was a starter at Hardin-Simmons, then became an assistant coach there. The head coach he played and worked for? Paul Lambert, who moved from Hardin-Simmons to SIU in 1970.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Okay, DUMB question...................  as a result of the fact that the administration at least seemingly DID go through the correct steps and hired a coach that really did check most of the boxes, I would like to give a little EXTRA to the basketball program (outside of my donation to the Univ).  Is the Floorburn U NIL the way to go or is there another way?  I want the best way for $$ to go DIRECTLY TO BASKETBALL !!!!!!  

AirDawg86 and PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

We all have opinions and answers to what will be great portal recruitment and such. I would think Coach Nagy has been doing this lots longer as HC than 99% of the people on this board. Nothing wrong in expressing our thoughts and opinions on what would we like. I will let coach Nagy do what he is paid to do. Bring in assistant coaches to help with the following. Get good players, retain players, keep the players in good academic standing. Win games and get us to the Postseason. It’s going to be a long road ahead with what we have left on the squad presently (2). So let him install his O and  D schemes. Out of bounds plays etc. It’s going to be an interesting honeymoon the first year or two. Hopefully we see plenty of improvement and a postseason in the near future. So tomorrow starts the Coach Nagy Era. Hopefully we have a positive outcome in the years ahead. 

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@insaluki personally, I would donate to the Floorburn U collective... It's such a driving force for college ball, now.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @insaluki

Okay, DUMB question...................  as a result of the fact that the administration at least seemingly DID go through the correct steps and hired a coach that really did check most of the boxes, I would like to give a little EXTRA to the basketball program (outside of my donation to the Univ).  Is the Floorburn U NIL the way to go or is there another way?  I want the best way for $$ to go DIRECTLY TO BASKETBALL !!!!!!  

69 and I are talking that over.  We are probably going to get a direct link up to the NIL collective

for the few that complained about the ADS ?  I am going to be putting most of the Ad revenue this board generates in to the NIL 

AnnaBob, Rockin' Dawg, AirDawg86 and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Posted by: @insaluki

69 and I are talking that over.  We are probably going to get a direct link up to the NIL collective

for the few that complained about the ADS ?  I am going to be putting most of the Ad revenue this board generates in to the NIL 

Back in the SalukiTalk days, we made an annual contribution to the SASF.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 44

Share: