SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.9 K Views
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

This is called a message board. People have different opinions. If you don’t think there were any shenanigans going on you are wrong. 

You literally just insulted people for insulting people.  

if you don’t like it don’t read it. 

Dawgbytes, oberkfell, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

I look forward to yelling phrases such as "RUN AN OFFENSE!" and "MOVE YOUR ASS!" less. So there's that. 

😂

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

As I pointed out my concern with the last 2 years on his resume at Wright St, I should also point out that last season his team finished the last 13 games at 9-4 with 2 of those losses being 2pt games where they lost in OT, including the Horizon Conf tournament OT loss to NKY (a team they had beat 2x previously during the season).  Again, a biased view but, they were 5pts away from finishing 11-2, if not better.  

I really think that if they can get a couple of the players I noted from his former team and they do a good job in the portal, this team might actually surprise next season, especially considering the current changing landscape of our conference. 

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @oberkfell

Will Nagy win more games than Herrin in his first year?   One would think with the portal.  

Loved those Herrin teams. Rich believed in rebounding. And for some crazy reason, he thought the team that scores the most points wins!

oberkfell and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Truly, lets use this time to rally! We'll miss Bryan Mullins the human. He'll be welcomed back with open arms one day. Support the team with whatever you can. If NIL is in your budget, GREAT! If attendance of games is your way of funding the program, fantastic. If we have no way of doing either, spread positivity about SIU in your interactions. I promise, the people that work on campus adore when our alumni speak positively about our beautiful school and the athletics bleeds into academics just as the image of the school bleeds into athletics. Show support now so later they will know if they don't keep the pedal down, if support is threatened to be withdrawn it's quite evident. Can't wait to see some high flying offense in Banterra.

Foxman24, AJCSaluki, Rockin' Dawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Posted by: @sportsfreak75

Presser tomorrow morning 

Time please.

SIU just announced 1pm

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

Can't wait to see some high flying offense in Banterra.

Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again (Live - Philadelphia, PA 1989) - YouTube

😎 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Will Nagy win more games than Herrin in his first year?   One would think with the portal.  

Nagy might win more non-con games in his first year than all of Herrin's first season wins.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Loved those Herrin teams. Rich believed in rebounding. And for some crazy reason, he thought the team that scores the most points wins!

Points and more rebounding - yes, that would be a nice change.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Me too.  I didn't get to see as many games as I would have liked because law school was fairly hellish, but I got to see a bunch.  And Tom Petty too as I recall 🙂

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @salukis60

Posted by: @obd

Has anyone heard anything about a reception or fan interaction tomorrow?

Shoes optional.

That would be fantastic if a boat-load of the Dawg Pound showed up to the official announcement (tomorrow) and then they all take their shoes off.

And place a collection can for ad hoc donations to Samaritan's Feet as part of Nagy's welcome to SIU & Carbondale!

This post was modified 2 months ago by AirDawg86

Go Dawgs!

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@airdawg86 Gen Z feet stink.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @airdawg86

Shoes optional.

That would be fantastic if a boat-load of the Dawg Pound showed up to the official announcement (tomorrow) and then they all take their shoes off.

And place a collection can for ad hoc donations to Samaritan's Feet as part of Nagy's welcome to SIU & Carbondale!

Someone needs to get a hold of Dylan or some of the other Dawg Pound leadership.

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @airdawg86

Shoes optional.

Someone needs to get a hold of Dylan or some of the other Dawg Pound leadership.

I just sent a message to the Dawg Pound on FB; hopefully someone actually monitors that thing...

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Foxman24, SIU Alum 05, AirDawg86 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 44

Share: