SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
929 Reactions
12.2 K Views
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

The ads are such a small inconvenience if they go a long way toward helping this awesome site that gives us a community. But do as you see fit!

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

I’m surprised they were able to get him at 6/600K. That seems like a pretty good bargain for someone with his resume, and considering he was getting 500K at WSU. 

Kudos to Leonard for getting this done.

I agree--I thought it would take $700k-$750k to land him.

(Inflammatory political snark)

AirDawg86 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @austinsaluki

I’m surprised they were able to get him at 6/600K. That seems like a pretty good bargain for someone with his resume, and considering he was getting 500K at WSU. 

Cuonzo Martin is getting $600K, bumped up to $650K plus incentives at MoState.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: @goroshnik

I just took a peek at Wright State's stats this year... if there's a polar opposite to "Floorburn U", I think we've found it, as Nagy's team had the 4th-highest scoring team in the nation this year... but also was 5th-worst in the nation in giving up points.

So, time to figure out a team nickname then... "Bucketbuster U", "Scoreboard Breaker U", etc.

One more interesting fact... Nagy's first game as the coach of Wright State was a road win, November 11th, 2016 - at SIU.  So he's undefeated at the Arena.  😉

There's more than one way to burn a floor! It can surely be done with an offense that's on fire . . .

😉

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @obd

In most sports, and jobs, I am a large supporter of contracts/pay with incentivized bonuses.  I would like to see Nagy's contract include bonuses for finishing in the top 4, winning the conference and/or making the NCAA or NIT.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @cosmos

The ads are such a small inconvenience if they go a long way toward helping this awesome site that gives us a community. But do as you see fit!

thank you 

it does not cost much to stay running. 69 does all the work.  I feel like it’s everybody that posts here money. The NIL is where it should go 

AnnaBob, AirDawg86, Saloukeyfan and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/wellthatscdale/status/1773465633100910657?t=hXYUnzhlTVvPp5WWf-3wzQ&s=19

All those wins! 😍🤩😍

I'm very excited!!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Wright State board says Bere is gone to either SIU or Michigan.  Trice is staying with Wright State 

AirDawg86, Austinsaluki, SIU Alum 05 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

So I just made a donation to the Floorburn U NIL initiative.  How great would it be if there is an influx of unexpected NIL $$ for the new coach to help with recruiting, etc.  I wish we could have added a note, for example, saying that it came from the Saluki Insider Group/Family (albeit a dysfunctional one-lol)

AirDawg86, PackerDawg, SIU Alum 05 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Im so old, I watched Nagy and Roger McClendon at Centennial whoop up on my High school in the early 80’s. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

FYI, according to Twitter, the press conference will be streamed live (1pm CT) on the SIU basketball YouTube account. They said they’d provide a direct link tomorrow, but I assume you can just check their account:

https://youtube.com/@SIUSalukiAthletics?si=YZmuOuvVDCf2QWdS

AirDawg86 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tonebroke)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Do we know if our scoreboard is capable of 3 digits on the Home side?

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Posted by: @obd

In most sports, and jobs, I am a large supporter of contracts/pay with incentivized bonuses.  I would like to see Nagy's contract include bonuses for finishing in the top 4, winning the conference and/or making the NCAA or NIT.

That is probably was in his contract at Wright State as well in Mullins case too. 
So we probably have those incentives like TEAM GPA, NCAA appearance, MVC coach of the year, 20+ wins. A win in the NCAA OR NIT. Final Four etc. Ben Jacobsen at UNI. his base is $500k. With $500k in incentives.  Which increases every year 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

So I just made a donation to the Floorburn U NIL initiative.  How great would it be if there is an influx of unexpected NIL $$ for the new coach to help with recruiting, etc.  I wish we could have added a note, for example, saying that it came from the Saluki Insider Group/Family (albeit a dysfunctional one-lol)

Start a separate challenge thread IN.  I will join the collective tomorrow and join you.

INSaluki and 1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

I like the hire!  Hoping Nagy is a great fit with SIU and southern Illinois. Time to get to work on rebuilding the roster.  

I’m jumping in on the NIL donation as well.

GO DAWGS!!

INSaluki, Salukifan32, Cosmos and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 44

Share: