SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@insaluki 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

I really wish Sharp had been redshirted last season. He played what, like 3 minutes all season?? Seems like a wasted year of eligibility for him.

I might be in the minority here but I'd really like Trey Miller to stay. I really like what I saw from him during the season in his VERY LIMITED minutes. He has great ball handling and uses his body well. He was very unselfish. He often gave up open looks to distribute the ball to teammates. That says a lot for a guy that wasn't getting much PT. Tells me he's a good teammate.

I tend to agree with you.  He seems to be one of those players who might flourish under a different coach.  Seems to be a kid who came with a lot of promise and just sort of became suppressed and inhibited here.

rafflaw and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Does any one else feel like an addict waiting for any little update on the team?!😂

PackerDawg, SlyDawg, Saluki44 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

@johnny-utah You don't find people who actually play ball with and against him "credible?"

No not at all. There wouldn’t be an ounce of biased reporting going on right?  The man look at this kid, I’m better than him crowd.  He got offers to 7 different D-1 schools, I think I’d take that as being more credible than the scouting eyes of the rec center. 

On a side note back in the day I played there against Carlton Fay and playing against him it was in those same kind of terms….how is this guy playing for the Salukis.  Maybe they don’t give it their all in rec center games and the others are playing in their “Super Bowl” against a D1 recruit.

But no Rec leaguer in my eyes is not a credible source.

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Does any one else feel like an addict waiting for any little update on the team?!😂

Nagy said he was gonna meet with the team on Tuesday both as a group and individually because of Easter weekend.  Can't imagine we get any news before that unless it's someone like Kennard committing elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Scottie Ebube, you absolutely need to stay at SIU. This is your coach to a tee, dude. 

I truly hope Scottie was listening today. Coaches system sounds ideal for bigs.  I hope the two of them will sit down and have a discussion, and Scottie stays. 🤞🏻 

Someone may have already answered this (didn’t check yet) but yes, Scottie Ebube was the lone player that was there when coach was speaking, and he stayed and listened to it all, while standing amongst the fans and saying hi to people. If nothing else, it’s a high quality character move to be so intently listening among everyone. 

I thought that was him. I will say though, he was not there the whole time. I was in the very back and watched him walk up about half way through. Still a good sign though and I hope he stays. 

ReplyQuote
(@saluki86alum)
Davies Gym Poster

@dunkledog really, talent is more important than character? How many of Lowery's players with talent and less than stellar character got us into trouble and a bad reputation.  Naah. there's plenty of talent out there with good character.  If you're a good recruiter, you can find players who are both.

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@saluki86alum never said bad kids. But we aren’t Harvard we don’t need 4.0 gpa kids to play for us. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

To add some timeline context, using Mullins as the example.

Year 2019

Hired: 3-20

Final Staff announcement: 4-19 (about a MONTH later)

Signed first recruit, Trent Brown: 4-26

Signed Barret Benson: 4-30

Signed Harwin Francois: 5-4

Signed Ben Harvey: 5-8 (I had such high hopes for him)

Signed Marcus Domask: 5-9

Signed Malik William: 5-31 (I don't even remember this)

Signed Ronnie Suggs: 6-14

Signed Karrington Davis: 6-20

Things are DIFFERENT now with the "hyper" portal so the timeline might be a little quicker this time around.  At the very least, we could know which players MAY stay or return in the next couple weeks.  

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

To add some timeline context, using Mullins as the example.

Year 2019

Hired: 3-20

Final Staff announcement: 4-19 (about a MONTH later)

Signed first recruit, Trent Brown: 4-26

Signed Barret Benson: 4-30

Signed Harwin Francois: 5-4

Signed Ben Harvey: 5-8 (I had such high hopes for him)

Signed Marcus Domask: 5-9

Signed Malik William: 5-31 (I don't even remember this)

Signed Ronnie Suggs: 6-14

Signed Karrington Davis: 6-20

Things are DIFFERENT now with the "hyper" portal so the timeline might be a little quicker this time around.  At the very least, we could know which players MAY stay or return in the next couple weeks.  

I believe the portal closes on May 1. It’s 45 days as opposed to 60 days last year. 
So we will know sooner than later. Also the staff will be put together during the final 4 where there will be some wheeling and dealing for coaches 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki86alum never said bad kids. But we aren’t Harvard we don’t need 4.0 gpa kids to play for us. 

Why not? Domask. Was  a good student/player. We have had players who are good and good students. Plus who knows if there is not a bonus for Nagy for having a GPA to a certain level. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Checked SIU Athletics' staff directory and Howard and Justin Endsley are the only ones left with Nagy

rafflaw, INSaluki, Salukifan32 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@kiwiball okay so would you rather have had brown or a 6’6 wing who can score and defend consistently but is a 3.0 student because 3.0 students are a lot more common than kids like brown our talent pool opens up 

ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @oberkfell

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @slydawg

Sources told me Jerrance Howard was a prerequisite during hiring process. The new head coach had to agree to keep him. (Lanes request)

I don’t like that.  His team….should pick the coaches.

That could be part of the reason 3 or 4 coaches turned us down.  If someone told me that I had to do that as part of getting the job -- well, let's just say that would raise all kinds of red flags to me.

Nagy knows him pretty well, U of I ties. 

Yea one of my buddies told me about that "connection" today.  I wasn't aware that they had a history.

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 44

Share: