656 Posts
74 Users
929 Reactions
12.1 K Views
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @freedawg

The next week should provide more information on where we stand regarding “returning” players. I wonder if Coach Nagy is meeting with them as a group today and later individually, or is he meeting with the players only individually. I am sure he and Coach Howard have spent a lot of time discussing this. 

In his presser I think he mentioned he would be doing both. Initially as a group and then follow on one on ones

SlyDawg and Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@foxman24 the loudest one with “sources” has disappeared lol

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://x.com/kylesmithpeters/status/1775194372625117308?s=20

Feels like Kyle might be throwing a little shade...

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@freedawg I’m just amazed there was like 25 people on here claiming to have sources about the hiring but none about the roster lol

There are a lot of people in the athletics department that can be “sources” and a lot of bad info came out of it. As far as players are concerned, the only people that might know is the current coaches on staff. At this point, I’m sure that basically nobody knows Coach Nagy very well and Howard has only been here a year. It’s not surprising that nobody here has current sources on the roster. 

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

Posted by: @siu_2011

Eh I think he is just congratulating two guys he knows.

Not everything is a bit. 

Salukifan32, SalukiWorld, Foxman24 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @spike

Not everything is a bit. 

I would agree with you if you take out the "Smart administration goes a long way." It may not even be directed at SIU per se just AD's in general. I'm sure he feels like he should have been able to get a D1 job by now.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Not everything is a bit. 

I would agree with you if you take out the "Smart administration goes a long way." It may not even be directed at SIU per se just AD's in general. I'm sure he feels like he should have been able to get a D1 job by now.

Well he got interviewed with SIU twice now and never got the job. So I would say there would be some animosity. 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Not everything is a bit. 

Well he got interviewed with SIU twice now and never got the job. So I would say there would be some animosity. 

pretty sure he’s never been interviewed for siu’s head job.

ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saloukeyfan

Howard has been here almost a year. Time to see some results. 

I agree.  People talk about him like he walks on water, but I haven't seen anything that positive out of him yet.

ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @obd

Styx??? Journey???? Springsteen????  You guys are a bunch of old farts!!!

P.S. -- There hasn't been any decent music made since about 1985. 😀 

I can beat that.  Let's see.  Three Dog Night.  Alice Cooper.   Elvis Presley.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@grimper57 he's just now been here one year. Came in at the tail end of recruiting season last spring. Let him cook

And as far as coaching - we saw marked improvement in our big men this year - Jerrance Howard had a lot to do with that.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@foxman24 anyone who doesn’t think he was held back by a defense first coach is lying. He’s got a chance to show his stuff now. It’s so hard to recruit for Bryan’s style that’s why we ended up with a lot of scraps. Looks at slulic dude made like one shot all year then couldn’t make layups

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

@grimper57 he's just now been here one year. Came in at the tail end of recruiting season last spring. Let him cook

And as far as coaching - we saw marked improvement in our big men this year - Jerrance Howard had a lot to do with that.

Agree.  I have been saying this about the recruiting issue for a long while now.  Takes time.  Now if he doesn't produce much this spring...might be another question.   At the risk of mentioning that assistant at Missou, first year produced very little but this year (after some time) seems to have produced substantially better results.  I'll say it one more time...takes time to establish relationships with players.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

@freedawg I’m just amazed there was like 25 people on here claiming to have sources about the hiring but none about the roster lol

Players are now being interviewed and scrutinized by some gym rats from the rec center - they have the final say! 🙂 

rafflaw and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@foxman24 anyone who doesn’t think he was held back by a defense first coach is lying. He’s got a chance to show his stuff now. It’s so hard to recruit for Bryan’s style that’s why we ended up with a lot of scraps. Looks at slulic dude made like one shot all year then couldn’t make layups

You are way off on Stulic. After the Ok St. game, 8 games into the season here is where Stulic was at:

20 min/gm, 163 min total

9.3 ppg

4 rbs/gm

51%, FG 24-47

43%, 3pt FG 12-28 

He went into a shooting slump starting in game 9 against Austin Peay. His minutes started to diminish and he wasn't playing at all by February. Mullins gave up on him and the coaching staffs lack of trust in him probably added to his shooting woes. With the right coach Stulic can be a contributor at this level. He is a 6'6" guard with a beautiful stroke who plays decent defense and can rebound.

rafflaw and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 44

Share: