Clear all

SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.9 K Views
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@resaluki-88 It was that and the coaching staff completely disrespected him about some other things, and it caused a riff the rest of the year. He was not going to return if Mullins stayed. I think we'll be happy he stayed.

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@resaluki-88 so once again Mullins ended up getting canned because he couldn’t tell an offense from an elephant

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @obd

Styx??? Journey???? Springsteen????  You guys are a bunch of old farts!!!

P.S. -- There hasn't been any decent music made since about 1985. 😀 

I can beat that.  Let's see.  Three Dog Night.  Alice Cooper.   Elvis Presley.

I'd go with Allman Brothers, Yes, Wishbone Ash, csny, Jackson Browne....

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @dunkledog

@foxman24 anyone who doesn’t think he was held back by a defense first coach is lying. He’s got a chance to show his stuff now. It’s so hard to recruit for Bryan’s style that’s why we ended up with a lot of scraps. Looks at slulic dude made like one shot all year then couldn’t make layups

You are way off on Stulic. After the Ok St. game, 8 games into the season here is where Stulic was at:

20 min/gm, 163 min total

9.3 ppg

4 rbs/gm

51%, FG 24-47

43%, 3pt FG 12-28 

He went into a shooting slump starting in game 9 against Austin Peay. His minutes started to diminish and he wasn't playing at all by February. Mullins gave up on him and the coaching staffs lack of trust in him probably added to his shooting woes. With the right coach Stulic can be a contributor at this level. He is a 6'6" guard with a beautiful stroke who plays decent defense and can rebound.

Just another example, in my opinion, where the Mullins regime managed to destroy a player's confidence in doing what they had been doing successfully for years.  

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

@freedawg I’m just amazed there was like 25 people on here claiming to have sources about the hiring but none about the roster lol

Players are now being interviewed and scrutinized by some gym rats from the rec center - they have the final say! 🙂 

Hey- I resemble that remark!  In fact, I just got home from The Rec.  Didn't see any Saluki players there.  Nor did I see anybody I was overly impressed with.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Rockin' Dawg

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

@foxman24 anyone who doesn’t think he was held back by a defense first coach is lying. He’s got a chance to show his stuff now. It’s so hard to recruit for Bryan’s style that’s why we ended up with a lot of scraps. Looks at slulic dude made like one shot all year then couldn’t make layups

You are way off on Stulic. After the Ok St. game, 8 games into the season here is where Stulic was at:

20 min/gm, 163 min total

9.3 ppg

4 rbs/gm

51%, FG 24-47

43%, 3pt FG 12-28 

He went into a shooting slump starting in game 9 against Austin Peay. His minutes started to diminish and he wasn't playing at all by February. Mullins gave up on him and the coaching staffs lack of trust in him probably added to his shooting woes. With the right coach Stulic can be a contributor at this level. He is a 6'6" guard with a beautiful stroke who plays decent defense and can rebound.

@resaluki-88 100% accurate 👍🏻

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @spike

https://x.com/kylesmithpeters/status/1775194372625117308?s=20

Feels like Kyle might be throwing a little shade...

Eh I think he is just congratulating two guys he knows.

Not everything is a bit. 

I would agree with you if you take out the "Smart administration goes a long way." It may not even be directed at SIU per se just AD's in general. I'm sure he feels like he should have been able to get a D1 job by now.

Well he got interviewed with SIU twice now and never got the job. So I would say there would be some animosity. 

pretty sure he’s never been interviewed for siu’s head job.

Yes he was. During the Mullins hiring and during all of this. Never offered, but interviewed. 

ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @spike

https://x.com/kylesmithpeters/status/1775194372625117308?s=20

Feels like Kyle might be throwing a little shade...

Eh I think he is just congratulating two guys he knows.

Not everything is a bit. 

I would agree with you if you take out the "Smart administration goes a long way." It may not even be directed at SIU per se just AD's in general. I'm sure he feels like he should have been able to get a D1 job by now.

Well he got interviewed with SIU twice now and never got the job. So I would say there would be some animosity. 

pretty sure he’s never been interviewed for siu’s head job.

Yes he was. During the Mullins hiring and during all of this. Never offered, but interviewed. 

Correct. Was a finalist when Mullins was hired. Then interviewed twice this go round. Once on Zoom and once in person. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Posted by: @mr_woogers

@freedawg I’m just amazed there was like 25 people on here claiming to have sources about the hiring but none about the roster lol

Players are now being interviewed and scrutinized by some gym rats from the rec center - they have the final say! 🙂 

Hey- I resemble that remark!  In fact, I just got home from The Rec.  Didn't see any Saluki players there.  Nor did I see anybody I was overly impressed with.

they can't be worse than some of the coaches!  LOL

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I haven’t followed all the NIL discussions that’ve been on here lately, but has anyone else noticed the reps for the basketball collective seem to be more active on social media? 

They posted on Instargram this morning that included a video from Sharp advocating for people to donate, and I’ve seen some posts on X over the past week or so. 

Seems like they’re getting the hint that we need to step up our game and get the word out, and with a new coaching change maybe now is the time to strike. 

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@saluki44 while I hope they are starting to get the hint, it shouldn’t have taken a coaching change for this to happen. They’re late to the party and we’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siu_2011 we gotta start hearing some news soon players and assistants we gotta get a move on

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

rafflaw and Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

The stats Luke tweeted are highly encouraging! Once we have some players of course 😅.

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 44

Share: