Clear all

SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.8 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@siudawgs id be very weary this is basically no one saying this but a rando on twitter who deleted his tweet

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@siudawgs id be very weary this is basically no one saying this but a rando on twitter who deleted his tweet

Seems like a very odd tweet to just fabricate. I’d guess there’s significant smoke there.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siudawgs then why delete it?

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

@siudawgs then why delete it?

Could have gotten out before various parties were comfortable with it. It’s a sensitive time in the thick of portal recruiting. Who knows, but again, I doubt it came out of nowhere.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siudawgs my issue is we have no clue if Howard was actually his main recruiter and while it would be nice to keep the two players that said they might come back. One of them couldn’t start on our bad teams and the other while good isnt a world beater. Davis might be our only player in the portal with legit interest. The only player  we officially lost followed his coach to the end of a bench where he’s probably not gonna play. If it’s true and we lose him it’s probably not the end of the world

This post was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by Dunkledog

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Trilly has a whole place off twitter where he’s maintained the same original post about Jerrance. That’s what’s being referred to 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

@siudawgs my issue is we have no clue if Howard was actually his main recruiter and while it would be nice to keep the two players that said they might come back. One of them couldn’t start on our bad teams and the other while good isnt a world beater. Davis might be our only player in the portal with legit interest. The only player  we officially lost followed his coach to the end of a bench where he’s probably not gonna play. If it’s true and we lose him it’s probably not the end of the world

Long-term maybe a blessing in disguise but I suspect it would be a significant setback to Nagy’s spring recruiting/retention efforts that have been ongoing.

And by the way he’s been his ONLY recruiter most of his two weeks on the job.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by siudawgs

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@cosmos so if it is true he basically might retain a big who Mullins was afraid to start and a guard who was good. Who knows if this is even the worst thing in the world . I don’t really see teams diving out like crazy trying to pick up our players from last years roster

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siudawgs I can see the recruiting being an issue. I don’t think the retaining players is as big of an issue as it might be to some people

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

So then what do we thing the good news the siu guy was referring too when he said siu fans would be happy soon 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

If true Nagy can hire his guy and not be force fed someone he may or may not want

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

So then what do we thing the good news the siu guy was referring too when he said siu fans would be happy soon 

Eventually we’re going to get a signing and we’re going to call it “good news” regardless if the player is any good lol. Our roster will get filled out one way or another. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jabman62

If true Nagy can hire his guy and not be force fed someone he may or may not want

I'd much rather have Howard than have to hire 2 new assistants this far into portal season.  Neither of which will likely have any connection to Nagy in the past like everyone he's hired so far but Gibbs

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@kyle_saluki_17 I mean we all got excited about keeping players who weren’t good enough to start or keep us out of 6th guess any players are better than none though.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Eventually we’re going to get a signing and we’re going to call it “good news” regardless if the player is any good lol. Our roster will get filled out one way or another. 

You also have to wonder if Howard had been involved with whatever the signing was going to be and, if he’s leaving, whether it will hold up.

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 35 / 44

Share: