Clear all

SIU hires Scott Nagy

656 Posts
74 Users
911 Likes
11.8 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@siudawgs I think tons of playing time for a valley level school might be more enticing than Howard. Rumor was we were gonna lose players this year anyway even if we had retained the same staff. I think they just want to play and play consistent time.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

What I am missing?

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

What I am missing?

The only thing you're missing is speculation.  I'm not saying it won't happen, but it would seem awfully odd that Howard would leave NOW after the school actually announced him in press releases that he was coming back.  It also would show very poorly on Howard, in my opinion, that he would formally accept his position at SIU but then jump ship at another offer.  Either way, I'm not too worried about it.  As much as I would like to keep him, due to continuity, he has not done anything to date. 

SIU Alum 05 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

What I am missing?

The only thing you're missing is speculation.  I'm not saying it won't happen, but it would seem awfully odd that Howard would leave NOW after the school actually announced him in press releases that he was coming back.  It also would show very poorly on Howard, in my opinion, that he would formally accept his position at SIU but then jump ship at another offer.  Either way, I'm not too worried about it.  As much as I would like to keep him, due to continuity, he has not done anything to date. 

I mean I would expect it to be for a significant raise…most people would take that. The only downside for him is that Hurley has been on the hot seat the last couple of years. Otherwise, hard to blame him. It’s not like he pulled a Vokolek.

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

What I am missing?

It’s a business. Anyone that thinks a guy like Howard cares about how something looks is seriously mistaken. It’s not reasonable to expect him to turn down a great opportunity, unless you’re from Indiana State. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I wouldn’t think anyone is sitting and saying…..hey let’s make up some rumor about Jerrance Howard.  There has to have been a little fire from the smoke.  Maybe a little fast to the trigger or something but there was something there.

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Did he land us just one recruit in a year? 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I’d be fine if Howard left. I said all along he was being over-valued by most of us. If he was such a great recruiter and/or coach, he would’ve been employed when we picked him up. 

Let Nagy hand pick someone he wants and let’s get going. 

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

I’d be fine if Howard left. I said all along he was being over-valued by most of us. If he was such a great recruiter and/or coach, he would’ve been employed when we picked him up. 

Let Nagy hand pick someone he wants and let’s get going. 

Yes. But quickly, unless we’re cool with Year 1 being a lost year.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

If I had to guess, the assistant that came over from SIUe that was put in the player development position probably just gets elevated.  Going after 2 assistants this late in the game seems like too tall of a task when you might have to flip an entire roster.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Whether you like Howard or not this is a big deal for next year as it sticks a big fork in our recruiting efforts to date. Howard was our only recruiter to date and the kids he was on develop a relationship with him. We will absolutely be back to square 1 in recruiting very late in the game!!!!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @dunkledog

@siudawgs id be very weary this is basically no one saying this but a rando on twitter who deleted his tweet

Seems like a very odd tweet to just fabricate. I’d guess there’s significant smoke there.

While I am totally sure all tweets are true, not sure I trust a guy named Trilly!!  Rhymes with silly...

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Turmoil was going to happen when you fire a coach players leaving or coming this was going  to be a problem a total rebuild was going to happen if you didn't believe it you weren't very informed of how coaching changes affect the stability of a program and its future unless the new coach is lucky the first year is going to be difficult 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saloukeyfan

I believe that number is still zero.

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Posted by: @saloukeyfan

I believe that number is still zero.

Well no tears shed here. Wasted money!

ReplyQuote
Page 36 / 44

Share: