Clear all

Illinois State @ SIU 1/14/23 7:00 PM ESPN3

205 Posts
34 Users
134 Likes
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Favorite stat from tonight: 5 TOs (and 13 assists)

Least favorite stat (tie): 7-25 3 pt. shooting; Domask playing 36 minutes

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Great second half again.  Nice to see Wonders make a move to the basket and score.  Ebube is going to be a beast when he gets in better shape and is able to play extended minutes.  Also, I think Newton showed he deserves to be in that starting line-up.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Nice win! Good to take care of business. Scottie was huge in his limited role. Keep rolling!

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Comment of the night on the Redbird forum:

”I like Apple turnovers. I like cherry turnovers. I don’t like Redbird turnovers.”

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@junkyardawg93)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I spied Troy at the 5 again… I don’t get it with the plethora of bigs we have. Dalton played great, don’t understand why he only got 15 min. Perfect game to get Wonders, Cade and Ferguson some time.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Comment of the night on the Redbird forum:

”I like Apple turnovers. I like cherry turnovers. I don’t like Redbird turnovers.”

Not much traffic over there tonight.  I'm glad we kept it that way. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

Posted by: @junkyardawg93

I spied Troy at the 5 again… I don’t get it with the plethora of bigs we have. Dalton played great, don’t understand why he only got 15 min. Perfect game to get Wonders, Cade and Ferguson some time.

I don't get it either.  Give Cade some PT rather than putting Troy down there.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
(@fatgolfer)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Man I haven't posted or been on here in a long time but me and Mrs fatgolfer had pregame dinner with Old Band Dude and his son....great pizza.....great second half defense and as always can sleep well knowing we beat the redturds.  Go Dawgs!!  Bet the Bobber will sleep well tonigh

This post was modified 1 year ago by Fatgolfer

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Amazing thing now is, if Missouri State knocks off Indiana State tomorrow, which i think they will, there will be 8 teams within a game of first place. SIU will be in good position because we have played a tough schedule so far, but we still need to take care of business.

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

@quatroschallengesaluki exactly right. If Indiana State loses tomorrow, we are probably in the best shape to win the season ship as of this weekend. Take care of business and see where we end up late February!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Amazing thing now is, if Missouri State knocks off Indiana State tomorrow, which i think they will, there will be 8 teams within a game of first place. SIU will be in good position because we have played a tough schedule so far, but we still need to take care of business.

SIU is still playing the 4th toughest schedule in the MVC:

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Pretty sure that means we’ve played the 4th toughest so far. After we were 1-0 with our only win against Evansville, we were ranked 12th in that category. Basically we’ve played the toughest of any competing team so far. 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @invisiblesaluki

ISU not the freethrow shooting team we were promised...

Pretty sure their season average would say differently. Its our outstanding free throw defense that is causing this. We are 4th in the nation for a reason. 

Actually, our defense does have something to do with opposing teams FT percentage against us. We play such active defense and are so deep we tend to wear teams out and they shoot worse from the FT line as the game goes on. ISU is top 5 in the country in FT percentage and went 6-6 in the 1st half. We wore them down and they only went 6-12 in the 2nd half. That's no accident.

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @salukiworld

yeah, i know, thats what i said, we have played a tough schedule, we have an easier road ahead than others do becuase we have already played some of our tougher games.

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 14

Share: