Clear all

'24-'25 roster

221 Posts
44 Users
231 Likes
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Miller did not show enough to go into the off-season banking on him as a starter. Not even close. If he improves a lot/flourishes under Nagy, great, but there is a reason he didn’t play much, even if most of us thought he should have played more.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah while true look at ebubes potential vs what we got

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siudawgs I’m gonna give him an offensive mulligan. There’s reasons beyond his control that affect his shooting

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

I can’t wait to see what our new guy can do. He’s a sharp shooter apparently 

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @dogdays

@insaluki Just disagree . incarnate Word wasn’t very good. If you watch Trey appears to me to be low major guard. I think we can do better. I’d like nothing more than to be wrong.

this isn’t to harp on Mullins but you gotta be real his coaching style kills offensive talent. It just does 

There is an exception to every rule.  X being the exception in this case.  Mainly because he was the only player given some semblance of freedom offensively.  

Not arguing….but Xavier Johnson kind of throws your argument off a bit.

There is an exception to every rule.  X being the exception in this case.  Mainly because he was the only player given some semblance of freedom offensively.  

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @deshane

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @dogdays

@insaluki Just disagree . incarnate Word wasn’t very good. If you watch Trey appears to me to be low major guard. I think we can do better. I’d like nothing more than to be wrong.

this isn’t to harp on Mullins but you gotta be real his coaching style kills offensive talent. It just does 

Not arguing….but Xavier Johnson kind of throws your argument off a bit.

D'Amico had freedom just didn't capitalize consistently also I believe Rupert had freedom henceforth all of the bad 3s most players had freedom on offense just look at some of the shots taken but if you made a mistake on defense then you were removed 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@jabman62 Troy and brown had tons of freedom but would also be back up players on 12/12 valley schools including ours with Nagy coaching. No way any other team gives them that much freedom. Players like Trey suffered because they made a mistake on defense and were sat for weeks , while player were just bad on offense and never got benched because there defense, but that’s the difference between a winning team and a not winning team. Floor burn u players only matter if they can also score 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@jabman62 Troy and brown had tons of freedom but would also be back up players on 12/12 valley schools including ours with Nagy coaching. No way any other team gives them that much freedom. Players like Trey suffered because they made a mistake on defense and were sat for weeks , while player were just bad on offense and never got benched because there defense, but that’s the difference between a winning team and a not winning team. Floor burn u players only matter if they can also score 

you are relentless 

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

But he's not wrong.  

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Perhaps I should amend my statement.  There were other "chosen" ones with freedom...but were not particularly good offensive players.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

• @jabman62 come on man you can’t discuss the downfalls of players like Trey without talking about the downfalls that lead to the playing time he got. They go hand in hand. If you don’t like that topic maybe don’t participate. It’s not even insulting Mullins it’s just a fact Trey would get benched for a simple mistake for weeks. I would give my life that he was gone regardless of staff changes. Same reason why ebube was leaving also. It’s great that Troy and Trent got to live out their senior dreams but there were a ton of rumors that the guys like Trey, ebube and others were ditching siu because lack of playing time was killing their game 
This post was modified 3 weeks ago 3 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

• @jabman62 come on man you can’t discuss the downfalls of players like Trey without talking about the downfalls that lead to the playing time he got. They go hand in hand. If you don’t like that topic maybe don’t participate. It’s not even insulting Mullins it’s just a fact Trey would get benched for a simple mistake for weeks. I would give my life that he was gone regardless of staff changes. Same reason why ebube was leaving also

I don't know why players played or didn't maybe you do I wasn't at practice or in the locker room for discussions I only know what I saw on the floor and that is my opinion if you have more insight I can't argue

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@jabman62 to be honest I don’t know if there is even any clear reason. But valley fans of all schools loved when they showed up and Trent and Troy were in the starting lineup. Trent may be the best overall character Siu has ever had. But man did he throw up consistent bricks for 3 straight years and started all 3 years. Started to score his senior year. Other than trying hard can’t really find a reason he would have ever started for any team or over players like Trey.  I’m guessing character was most important more important than talent 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

With that said I’m excited to see what Trey could do with “consistent” playing time and a clear offensive plan for him and in game 

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Currently the facts are we have 4 players with very little college playing experience.  This may change this week,  but it may not.  So until I see transferred or enrolled on Verbal Commits I am banking on what I know and currently we are a Thursday team for sure.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 15

Share: